Gives Dollar General employee discounts
Daimler-Chrysler activated the former CEO Iacocca for an advertising campaign.
new York - The tough price war on the US auto market is making manufacturers inventive. After market leader General Motors was the first of the three American car groups to offer its cars with a 35 percent discount and thus at so-called staff prices in June, the Ford Motor Company and Daimler-Chrysler have now also joined the discount war. Daimler-Chrysler is now even activating former Chrysler boss Lee Iacocca for an advertising campaign. He had led the company out of impending bankruptcy into profitability in the 80s, but retired in 1993. “If you find a better car, buy it,” was his slogan at the time. The third largest US car manufacturer, which today belongs to Daimler-Chrysler AG, has decided to bring back the successful advertising campaign with Iacocca in the lead role. In the new version, however, his saying comes from the mouth of the actor Jason Alexander, known from the television series "Seinfeld".
Significant increase in sales
Chrysler is not only offering a new advertising campaign, but has also been offering staff discounts to all buyers since the beginning of this week. General Motors just extended the discount campaign until August 1st, and Ford has recently started offering high discounts. In this way, all three want to reduce their piles of unsold cars. Thanks to the discounts, GM's sales rose 41 percent to 560,000 units in June. GM's market share rose to 27.1 percent in June from 25.9 percent in May. Number one success came at the expense of Ford and Chrysler, both of which sold significantly fewer cars.
Ford does not only rely on discounts, but also on “referrals”. Employees and retirees receive a bonus when they give cars to family members, friends and relatives. $ 50 for the first and $ 75 for the second car should boost sales.
The victims of the price war are the foreign brands, which are already suffering from the strong euro. VW's sales fell by 16 percent in June. Even at BMW, a slump of 3.3 percent is noted compared to the same month last year. Porsche has to accept a drop in sales of at least seven percent. Only Mercedes shines with a plus of four percent. Mercedes itself has so far only given discounts to top customers. As the industry journal "Automotive News" reported, Maybach buyers in the hotel industry were granted discounts of up to $ 50,000. (with rin)
- Why do teachers rarely smile with students?
- Indian women wearing deodorant
- Why is bread so delicious
- India becomes the next superpower
- Who was Pharaoh in Joseph's day?
- What did you learn about teenage relationships
- What skills should every adult have
- Why does Mumbai Dabbawala still exist
- Is Riga expensive
- What do teacher pets get away with?
- Why should children choose their own career
- What is the natural equivalent of methamphetamine
- What is the living situation like in Japan
- Which is better old music or new music
- How does a library book smell
- How can I cure a vaginal yeast infection
- What are baby boomers
- What are the best emergency technologies
- Which country is most densely populated?
- A perfect vacuum is possible
- Where can we share our ideas
- What is the story of the working day
- Prison Are there any last meals?
- What is the most complicated relationship