Are English people friends with foreigners
Prime Minister May: Europeans should remain important friends of the British
Great Britain should not "be reduced to Brexit", appealed the new British Prime Minister Theresa May on her first visit to Germany (article photo left). The current challenges such as the Ukraine conflict, the influx of refugees and the terrorism of the "Islamic State" made a strong and constructive partnership necessary, said the Prime Minister at the joint press conference with Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin. And of course, after leaving the European Union, you will also rely on relations with Germany in terms of economy, trade and investment.
The Europeans remained "important friends" of the British. The successor to David Cameron at No. Downing Street announced that they will work resolutely on the "foundation for a strong partnership". 10 at. She will not apply to leave before the end of the year.
She wanted to limit immigration to the island to "tens of thousands", said May. Even before she left for Berlin, she had insisted on reducing immigration by EU foreigners. The Brexit vote was very clear, said the head of the Tories. She also announced that Great Britain would give up the EU Council Presidency in the second half of 2017.Chancellor is patient
Merkel referred to the "very close partnership and friendly relations" with Great Britain and the connection through common value systems. In the negotiations with the British, this relationship should be preserved, and possibly even "deepened". And after all, they also work together in other political forums such as the G7 or G20.
The CDU leader understood that her conservative guest would need some time to coordinate positions within the kingdom, for example with Scotland. It would also be better if the May government could then go into negotiations with the EU with a "very well defined" attitude.
Merkel reaffirmed that these negotiations could only begin after a corresponding application from London. The EU treaties are "very clear".
Even before the meeting, government spokesman Steffen Seibert had made it clear: "There are no preliminary negotiations, you can be absolutely certain of that." As a prerequisite for negotiations, Great Britain must submit a formal request to leave under Article 50 of the EU Treaty.
Greeted with military honors at the Chancellery: Merkel and May step down the honor guard in Berlin
Next stop Paris
May's second stop is France, where she is received by President Francois Hollande. Hollande had announced tough negotiations on Brexit for Great Britain and pushed for a quick exit declaration. He also held out his own proposals to "give Europe a new impetus".
SC / kle (dpa, afp, rtr)
- Why a teacher is better than a doctor
- When do NRIs have to pay taxes
- Is Portugal a country
- How does our economic system work
- How do highly sexual women deal with relationships
- Why did Mark Zuckerberg create Facebook
- Will eating green cabbage increase my IQ?
- Why did Jesus have 12 apostles
- Is it right to do wrong things?
- What are Hollywood's Kickass Movies
- What are ICOS 2
- Mauritius is good for honeymooners
- What happened to China's one-child policy
- Do music texts influence our emotions
- Can a police case be reopened?
- Are Infinix Phones Worth Buying In India?
- Is it a good job to be a painter?
- Urinate snakes
- Who helped you the most
- Did Christianity weaken the Roman Empire?
- Is the singhania university rajasthan fake
- What Hong Kongers don't like about Indians
- What's wrong with a caesarean birth
- Do you remember your first blowjob?
- What is a simple cheap lunch
- What is the capital of Uttarakhand
- Accept men who wear a saree
- What is the best UK news website
- Hoteliers use chemical-free cleaning products
- What was the longest battle of World War II
- What are some must-have fitness machines
- What are the disadvantages of large families
- Which company offers event management software?
- What is currently known about Morgellons