What is safety equipment
Safety: equipment of the boat
Regardless of whether it is a sports boat or a motor yacht, whether it is on the water or inside. The safety equipment must always be as complete as possible. We say what belongs on board
The basic safety requirements for the design of recreational craft are EU Directive 2003/44 / EC in front. In contrast, there are no regulations for safety equipment in this country, only recommendations based on the four guideline categories A (formerly "High Seas") to D (formerly "Protected Waters") and the corresponding areas of use.
- For categories A, B, C and D: Approved position lighting, the flags "N" and "C" as simple optical distress signals, as well as a red flag inside (mandatory), shut-off valves for fuel tanks, anchors (which must always be easily accessible and ready for use), tools, outboard ladder, first aid Box, ABC powder extinguisher and fire blanket, smoke detector, hand lamp, fog horn, manual bilge pump, Pütz, tow line, boat hook, throw line, binoculars, echo sounder, life jackets, life ring, smoke signal (orange).
- Additionally only for categories A, B and C: Guard rail, replacement anchor, leak sealing material, radar reflector, bilge pump, magnetic and bearing compass, log, GPS, navigation aids, chart plotter with the latest software, classic paper charts and nautical manuals for the area, seat belts, parachute rockets, hand torches
- Additionally only for categories A and B: Sea anchor, sound signal system, bell, VHF radio system with GMDSS and a sufficiently dimensioned life raft
- Finally, only for category A: a sextant for navigation and a distress beacon (EPIRB).
However, many of the items of equipment that are only suggested for the "higher" categories have long been found on other boats. This applies to, for example electronic means of navigation and VHF radio.
However, some items of equipment are not mentioned in this list of suggestions either - perhaps also because their presence not only corresponds to good seamanship, but also to common sense. These include Lines of sufficient length, Number and good condition, as a mooring line or for other purposes, and also fenders of the correct size.
If you don't have enough railing, you should at least go for one non-slip deck covering and look for easy-to-reach, solid handrails or handles. Especially for maneuvers, the foredeck must be safely accessible at all times on both small and large boats; the width and texture of the side deck are the decisive criteria here.
Also helpful: a dinghythat is at least equipped with oars. By no means only fully grown dinghies in their own davits count - even a small rubber dinghy can do it the crucial difference do. And a model with an air floor can also be set up quickly and easily on board.
Outboard are not only an issue in connection with dinghies; as auxiliary engines you can also keep larger cabin boats maneuverable if the main drive fails. In particular, yachts that are designed for long journeys, such as trawlers, are often even equipped with an additional permanently installed motor as a get-home system equipped.
Speaking of outboards: That too Quickstop leash belongs to the safety equipment. It should - attached to the arm or leg - be compulsory even on short stretches, regardless of whether the boat only has tiller steering or a proper control stand with fixed seats, and regardless of whether you are traveling alone or with several people.
- Are the Russians afraid of the rise of China?
- How much do heavy metal bands earn
- Why are problems occurring
- What are the best Swabian German foods
- How do non-ISTPs feel about ISTPs
- Really raped and looted Vikings
- What are the dangers of online relationships
- How can I start a pirate crew
- How is the national identity created
- How is life in Guam
- Which nation is the friendliest
- What's your subway order
- What drives a monetary system
- What do you like about a pizza
- Why does Trump hate the media
- What is death metal
- Why is it cool to hate America
- How do I go to counseling 1
- How much does opium cost
- What does foreign investment mean
- Why are talented people ignored
- How common is trypophobia
- Are we happier than our previous generation
- Boris Johnson's comments on Obama were racist
- High levels of prolactin can lead to depression
- Why do narcissists have children
- What is the best inflation hedge
- How to make a fishing rod
- What are some good fresh smelling perfumes
- How many cell phones were invented
- What is the dress code at TCS
- Why do we need shopping centers
- How many plumbers are there in Australia