How do you pronounce Huawei
Huawei pronunciation: the real name of the cell phone manufacturer
How is "Huawei" pronounced correctly? - A question that really split our editorial team at first. Of course, nobody was the first to use a search engine and scour the Internet, as it is now correctly called. Instead, things got going straight away and heated discussions: from "U-A-Wei" to "Wow-hai" everything was included. But what is it now correctly? A network search sheds light on the phonetic darkness.
- What the Huawei ban in the US means for you and the current state of affairs can be found here.
People used to go to the library looking for answers - or just ask the tribal elder one or two leaps in time beforehand. Fortunately, today's knowledge of the world is possible without going outside or tapping into human contact. Google knows everything after all! That's why I just type the question "How is Huawei properly pronounced" into the search engine.
Videos, Google boxes and a nice little box pop up immediately with the reference "User also asked". Apparently some people are concerned with how the Chinese manufacturer of the popular smartphones is pronounced - so I'm just one of many.
This is how Huawei is properly pronounced
Within seconds I discovered a video that Huawei South Africa uploaded to YouTube - well, they'll probably know how to pronounce them themselves. The clip has already had over 140,000 views. And after the first second I realized that my "Huh-A-Wai" wasn't that far off. Because the correct pronunciation is apparently:
- "Wah-Way" (Whereby a touch of an H really belongs at the beginning)
As the video reveals, however, we Germans really don't seem to be the only ones who have problems with the pronunciation of the Chinese name. In the clip, various people from South Africa can be seen (and heard) struggling with "Huawei" - and simply turning it into "Hawaii".
What does Huawei actually mean?
I find out pretty quickly what is behind the name of the most successful brand in China. As the German website Interculturecapital explains, Huawei consists of two different Chinese words. It starts with "Hua", which means both "greatness" and "fame" and is apparently also used as a synonym for "China" or "Chinese". With "Wei" it gets a bit more difficult, since the word apparently has many different meanings - including "achievement" or "performance". This also corresponds to a certain extent with the translation that Welt Online wants an employee of the company to translate: "Chinese success".
Huawei, Xiaomi and Co .: This is how the Chinese brands are pronounced
What stands out in general: Brands from China seem to have a really difficult time pronouncing their names correctly abroad. Another compatriot of Huawei is currently becoming more and more popular when it comes to smartphones: Xiaomi. And before the next discussion flares up, there's a video in which a nice YouTuber explains exactly how the two cell phone manufacturers and other well-known brands from China are pronounced.
- Why are teenagers so obsessed with Instagram
- What are some bible verses about relationships
- Is it okay to ejaculate every day
- How are your grades
- Women like to wear fully fashionable socks
- How is life in Great Britain
- What makes an ENFP uncomfortable
- I smell bad what should i do
- Is considered to be short at 59 height
- Why should Arya join the faceless men?
- How do we eliminate begging in India
- Who were the Seljuk Turks?
- What are some small start-up ideas
- What is stopping you from looking for another job?
- Works Uber in Pondicherry
- Alexander Shulgin was basically a combinatorial chemist
- What did you learn about depression
- Is it good for teenagers to date
- Are the Turks white
- There were black biblical signs
- Is Coca Cola against Muslims
- What is active service in the army
- Which countries do not have fluorinated water?
- Are music businesses a profitable endeavor?
- What is marriage legal in the US
- Why does a yeast infection itch
- How are anxiety disorders diagnosed
- How do you mourn losing a parent
- How has Indian cuisine influenced Australia?
- Does a mechanic's lien affect your credit
- I smell bad what should i do
- Do you want to immigrate to America?
- How often do reservists work
- Includes starvation and self-harm