How do KRA and KPI differ
KPI: brief explanation
KPI is the abbreviation for Key Performance Indicator. The term refers to key figures with which the performance of activities in companies can be determined. Which KPIs should be considered in order to measure success or failure depends on the company, the respective measure and its goals.
KPIs are used to check how successful certain activities in a company are. All processes in organizations can be controlled using these key performance indicators. Using key performance indicators, management and controlling can analyze processes in the company. Consistent monitoring enables processes and measures to be adapted and optimized accordingly.
Depending on the company and area, different KPIs are used to measure performance. Marketing is interested in other key figures than sales, and accounting in other than logistics. Which KPIs are the right ones always depends on which activities are to be checked.
KPIs can be determined in different ways. Many key figures can be measured on the Internet and can be determined using analysis tools such as Google Analytics. The relevant KPIS vary depending on whether it is an online shop or a blog, for example.
KPIs in content marketing
Only those who regularly monitor the results can determine how effective their own content marketing measures are. Which metrics are relevant depends on the respective measure and its goals.
If, for example, the traffic on a blog is to be increased, key figures such as visitors, recurring users and length of stay are suitable. If, on the other hand, the goal of the content measure is to generate leads, z. B. the conversion rate of landing pages can be considered.
The renowned Content Marketing Institute (CMI) divides the metrics for measuring content success into four areas:
- Lead generation metrics: B. Registrations
- Sales metrics: e.g. B. Online Sales
- Consumption metrics: e.g. B. Downloads
- Sharing metrics: e.g. B. Retweets
According to CMI, the most important metrics that B2B companies use to measure their content marketing are currently:
- Lead quality
- Conversion rates
But website traffic and SEO ranking are also among the 10 most important KPIs.
Important key performance indicators in content marketing can also be:
- Page Views
- Unique visits
- Number of new users
- Newsletter registrations
- Length of stay
- Bounce rate
- Social shares
KPIs are used to review areas and measures in organizations. With their help, it can be evaluated which actions are successful and where there is potential for optimization and cost savings. Which key figures are suitable as key performance indicators depends on the respective company.
Regular measurement of the success of processes in companies is not only important for controlling and management. In content marketing, too, it is important to regularly review your activities in accordance with the content goals using defined key figures.
Which KPIs can be used to measure the performance of content marketing always depends on the respective content measure and its goals. There are many possible KPIs that can be used depending on the business model, goal and content type.
Join over 53,000 customers worldwide and use Textbroker for your content marketing.
register now for free
- What production prospects does Botswana have
- Why can't I feel any more music?
- How did Jim Jones convince people
- Why should I never visit Turkey
- Is Russia powerful enough to punish Turkey?
- Why did you become an economist?
- What do Spaniards think of Mexican food
- Undercover narcissists get worse over time
- How do Bengali celebrate Diwali
- What is the definition of archaeological data
- How are corn flakes mass-produced
- What bothers you the most this year
- Is NIBT a trustworthy construction management institute
- What are manufacturing industries
- Are the Chinese peoples descended from Africa?
- What are the top KYC providers
- Which is more difficult Fortnite or PUBG
- Did you hate high school?
- Are you interested in marriage
- How do I finish a book quickly
- Is Tokyo a terrible place to live
- Fruit harvest in Australia
- What's the worst part about cooking
- What could Usain Bolt do faster?