Can we eat fish after drinking milk?
Federal Association of Food Inspectors
By Nadine Kunzig, Stimme.de
What is the difference between vegans, flexitarians and freegans? You can no longer see through the jungle of the many different diets? We explain the most common forms.
In the supermarket you can find more and more foods labeled “vegetarian” or “vegan”, as is the case on menus in restaurants. Many canteens have introduced a “Veggie Day”. After all, more and more people are living according to a conscious and meatless form of nutrition. The reason: The topic of health and factory farming is becoming more and more important.
The Vebu describes itself as the largest advocacy group for vegetarian and vegan people. The organization assumes that around 7.8 million vegetarians and 900,000 vegans live in Germany. That makes up about ten or 1.1 percent of the population.
vegetarian do not eat anything from animals that have been killed, only live animals. This includes foods like dairy products, eggs, and honey. However, there are different types of vegetarianism. These include the ovo-vegetarians, lacto-vegetarians, ovo-lacto-vegetarians, ovo-lacto-pisce-vegetarians and vegans.
Ovo vegetarians do not eat meat, fish or dairy products. However, they do eat eggs.
Lacto vegetarians do not eat meat, fish and eggs, but do eat dairy products.
Lacto-ovo vegetarians do not eat meat and fish, but eat eggs and dairy products.
Ovo-lacto-pisce vegetarians are an extension of the lacto-ovo vegetarian - but they also eat fish.
vegan live without animal products. They only eat plant-based foods and forego everything from animals, that is, they do not drink milk, eat eggs and honey. They also do not buy any animal products such as leather products, wool sweaters or down duvets.
Fruitarians do not want plants to suffer because of them, so they eat windfalls and nuts, berries, grains and seeds, for example, because these foods have already died for them when they are harvested. On the other hand, bulbs, leaves or roots as well as food of animal origin are excluded.
Pescetarians do not eat meat, but eat fish. Products from live animals such as honey, eggs, milk are allowed.
Pudding vegetarians do not eat meat and fish. They don't pay too much attention to vitamins, fiber or calories, which is why they often resort to ready-made meals.
Flexitarians are casual vegetarians. They want to eat healthily and pay attention to their food consumption and (organic) quality seals. Every now and then it can be a piece of meat or fish.
Freegans do not exclude any food. However, they only eat products that they have grown themselves, that they have given away, that they have found or that others have thrown away. They want to draw people's attention to the throwaway society or poverty. For example, they also resort to discarded clothing or discarded electrical goods.
Raw foodists are basically open to all foods. However, these must not have been heated to more than 40 degrees. The food must be raw.
Primal food feed on everything they find in nature. These can be live beetles, ants, worms and snails, but also wild herbs and berries.
Macrobiotics mainly eat cereals, legumes, vegetables, and to a lesser extent also fruits, nuts and seeds, some also eat fish.
Omnivorous: Omnivores that enjoy all animal and vegetable foods.
Carnivor: Carnivores. They eat meat and animal products.
Frugivores: Fruit eater. They feed on berries and fruits alone.
Herbivores: Herbivores that only feed on plants.
- Are investors important for a startup
- How do I say boner in Japanese
- How much do emergency doctors earn
- What are your 10 Cooking Laws
- How often do Americans clean their homes
- Why are schools in the US free
- How is KPIT for freshmen
- It's okay to take my life
- We are close to an absolute government
- What is the concrete technology
- Why are suitcases so expensive
- What are Canada's biggest problems
- Are factories good for developing countries?
- Which investments did not crash in 2008?
- What is a German tradition
- What are the future prospects of DevOps
- Is relevant today by George Orwell 1984
- Fasting for Ramadan is difficult
- Dismissed employees How were you laid off
- What is Jungkook's euphoria about
- How to pour concrete 1
- What is a full service concierge
- Which pizza toppings do you get
- What are some good Burmese dishes
- How is interracial marriage viewed in China?
- What is a good freshwater fishing lure
- What do Czechs think of Chinese tourists?
- What does it mean to lick your lips
- What is the importance of social work
- What is the next step after 12
- Is nutmeg a nightshade
- What is the best iPad or tablet
- What is the brutal truth about philosophy
- Can I buy musical instruments online?