What happens when you straighten your spine
So you are right
The physiologically optimal basic position when standing is characterized by the fact that the spine is held upright in its natural double S oscillation.
The building blocks of an upright posture
- The sternum is raised up to the front
- The head is kept relaxed and upright
- The abdominal and gluteal muscles are a little tense to avoid a hollow back
- The pelvis is slightly erect
- The knees are slightly bent, not straight
- The feet are about hip width apart
Unphysiological hollow back position
Avoid a hollow back position in which the pelvis is pushed in front of the shoulder girdle! If you have to stand for a long time, avoid wearing high heel shoes. High heels shift the body's center of gravity, the pelvis moves forward and the lumbar spine is stressed by the hollow back.
Standing healthy means standing dynamically
But even if you are in a back-friendly position, the muscles tire quickly as if you are in motion. The static load then leads to back pain. In addition, standing immobile for a long time also impedes the return flow of venous blood from the legs to the heart.
Therefore: Make sure you have some variety! Change of posture and breaks in movement are good for your back. They prevent back pain because the different back structures are stressed differently and one-sided loads are avoided. Therefore, change your standing position as often as possible:
- Vary between parallel stand and step position and tilt the pelvis back and forth.
- Alternately put more weight on your right leg and sometimes more on your left leg.
- Slide the rib cage back and forth.
- Stretch up towards the apex.
- Relax the shoulder girdle by moving your shoulders back and down.
- Straighten your neck by tucking your chin in.
- Circle your body plumb.
- Shake your legs out.
- Relieve the muscles by leaning against a wall, leaning against a table or using a standing desk.
- If possible, walk around in between.
- If this is possible when standing for a long time, support the front leg in a stride position by placing your foot on a small box about 20 centimeters high.
- Which startup should I join in Bangalore?
- Can cause impotence in tight underwear
- What do accountants 2
- How to cook a traditional Mexican dinner
- How can parents deal with their children's stress?
- In the MCU, Thor is bulletproof
- What do Nigerians look like
- How is industrial engineering better
- Is plumbing a good deal
- When can I change my job?
- Why did inflation occur in the 1970s?
- How should Christians deal with non-Christian songs
- Who is most affected by income tax?
- MyCAMS direct mutual funds are good
- Any technology jobs are considered workers
- How do Amazon RSUs work
- What is your favorite book series
- How can I describe natural landscapes
- Runs healthy while preparing for UPSC
- Objective women men
- Why are hearing aids important
- How did child labor end
- Did Donald Trump make America average again
- Is it okay to call Misandry
- Are helicopter parents bad parents
- Why do people do certain things
- Are tips taxed in the UK?
- Are white Brazilians friends with black Brazilians?
- Why do people eat snakes
- What is the cause of seasonal unemployment
- Where do liberals go to school
- How would you describe Russian food
- Can we eat onions and tomatoes together?