Is Ethiopia a developing country
Federal Parliamentary Republic
independent since 1000 BC Chr.
geographyEthiopia is a landlocked country in the east of Africa. The land has a total area of 1,104,300 km². This land mass is roughly 3.1 times the size of Germany. This makes Ethiopia one of the largest countries in Africa and the 27th largest country in the world. It is located at an average altitude of 1330 m above sea level and is therefore one of the highest countries in the world.
There is no access to the open sea. There are direct national borders with the 6 neighboring countries Djibouti, Eritrea, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Sudan. The distance between Berlin and the capital Addis Ababa is approximately 5,360 km.
The countrywide time in Ethiopia is Eastern Africa Time (EAT). Unlike in Germany, however, there is no summer time here. So there is a time difference of 2 hours in winter. In summer, however, the time difference is 1 hour.
1 birr is divided into 100 cents.
Status: May 19, 2021
1 euro = 52.05 birr
1000 birr = 19.21 euros
The climate in EthiopiaIn Ethiopia, as in all equatorial countries, there is a tropical climate. There is no difference between the seasons as there is in Central Europe. The length of the day hardly fluctuates and the temperature differences between summer and winter are also smaller. The average maximum daily temperatures are between 25 and 29 degrees, depending on the season. In some parts of the country, the values can reach up to 35 degrees during the day. In the colder months, the temperature drops, depending on the region, at night to up to 10 ° C in the monthly mean.
Average day and night temperatures
Due to the economically weak situation, Ethiopia is one of the least developed countries and one of the heavily indebted developing countries.
|0% urban areas:||5,167 km²|
|36% agriculture:||400,419 km²|
|13% forests:||138,038 km²|
|0% water surface:||104,300 km²|
|51% other areas:||560,677 km²|
|Road network:||120,171 km|
|Rail network:||659 km|
The main cities
(Based on the World Bank's "Worldwide Governance Indicators" project)
|Rule of law:|
|Freedom of speech:|
|Death penalty:||constitutionally allowed|
Existing trade agreements
- How can we solve the overpopulation in India
- What do you admire about Bill Gates
- Canada has become a matriarchy
- How do you discipline a difficult employee
- RAM is a temporary memory
- Can a family be happy
- How long do Nike running shoes last
- What kind of wallet is that
- Mediterranean people are white
- How can I immigrate to Groenland
- How does a childcare expense account work?
- What can you say about teenagers these days
- Do music texts influence our emotions
- When is the rainy season
- How lazy is the US government
- What are some French specialties
- Which countries do not have fluorinated water?
- What is the cake in crab cake
- What will happen in 2019
- Is VidMate safe on Android
- Why is the SEZ essential for industrialization?
- What foods are there in America
- How to eat horseshoe crabs
- What is the national dish of Guyana