Which is the oldest port of India
Port of Mumbai
As a historic port and trading city, Mumbai is still one of the most important places for Indian foreign trade today. Two of the three main Indian ports are located in the city: the Mumbai Port in Fort and the Jawaharlal Nehru Port / Nava Sheva (operated by Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust) in Navi Mumbai.
Jawaharlal Nehru Port / Nava Sheva
The Jawaharlal Nehru Port, which was founded almost three decades ago, is the largest container port on the subcontinent with a handling volume of 60% of all containerized cargo in India. JNP is also one of the world's 25 most important container terminals.
The port is the only Indian port to have received the four ISO certifications (ISO 9001: 2008 standards for quality management systems; ISO 27001: 2005 standards for information security management systems; ISO 14001: 2004 environmental management systems; OHSAS 18001: 2007 occupational health and safety Management systems).
The Jawaharlal Nehru Trust Port has 3 container terminals and 23 container freight stations:
- JNPCT (Main terminal): 3 docks, each 680m long, 35ha container area, 36,000 TEU capacity
- NSICT (Private Terminal - Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal): 2 docks, each 600m longer, 26ha container area, 7.2 million tons of handling per year
- GTI (Gateway Terminals India): 1 dock
The hinterland logistics are largely carried out via motorway and rail traffic. In order to improve connectivity, investment projects were initiated to expand the motorway to the value of € 43.5 million and to expand the rail system to the value of € 7.3 million.
A handling of 10 million TEU is expected in the 2014-2015 fiscal year.
The Mumbai Trust Port is one of the oldest ports in India. It was built under British rule in 1873 and established Mumbai as an important port city and trading center around the world. For many decades, the Mumbai Trust port was India's most important port, as it was an ideal transshipment point for trade with Europe, located on the west coast. Even if many new ports have emerged on the west and east coast of India in recent years, 19% of all POL traffic is still carried out at the Mumbai port.
The Mumbai Trust Harbor, located in the center of South Mumbai (Fort), has a naturally deep water basin that enables year-round shipping and trade.
The Mumbai Port has 2 docks, the Indira Dock and Hughes Dry Dock:
- Indira Dock: Water surface 24.04ha, 21 berths in the water basin with a depth of 9.14 m, 5 berths on the harbor wall with 7.5 m depth, 2 berths in the southern part of the eastern outlet with a depth of 9.75 m
- Hughes dry dock: located in the Indira Dock, 304m length
The port also has terminals for handling sea oil and a large number of warehouses.
The Hamburg representative office in Mumbai has close contacts to the Indian ports. If you have any questions, please contact our Business Manager Mr. Lukas Schmitz.
FROM THE BLOG
About HY-5: the green hydrogen initiative from Northern Germany
The business development organizations from the five federal states of Bremen, Hamburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Lower Saxony and Schleswig-Holstein have joined forces to form the green hydrogen initiative HY-5. The aim is to promote the settlement of new companies on an international scale and to support the resident companies. Doing so, Northern Germany introduces itself as a strong emerging region for green hydrogen in the heart of Europe and presents solutions along the entire value chain for green hydrogen.... More
- How can a GPS be tracked
- Why do people agree not to agree
- Can anyone prove Euclid's fifth postulate?
- How can I date a Croatian boy
- Is catfish allowed for Muslims to eat
- Canada has become a matriarchy
- Is the Indian CA recognized in Singapore
- What are the modern challenges of globalization
- Why am I not married yet?
- What decision ruined your life
- Which is the famous sweetness in Bangalore
- Can i own land in china
- Will pay social security for a caregiver
- The north in Westeros is xenophobic
- How do I import artifacts
- How to fix a water leak
- How are math and art related?
- What is IU's best song
- Which technology device is indispensable in life
- Is it really important to read classics
- Helps Pregnancy Cure Endometriosis
- Can American Bully eat homemade food
- Seattle is a good place to live
- How are mega-projects managed
- Is Macron gay
- Is the automotive industry synonymous with mechanical engineering
- Do you love my ex
- Relieves stress during sex or masturbation
- Why does Australia have inferior universities
- May teachers receive letters from students
- How can you personally help the government?
- Why do mothers enable their adult children
- How do Google's self-driving cars work