How do you deal constructively with criticism
Application question: "How do you deal with criticism?"
You may be asked how you deal with criticism during the interview. Why is your interlocutor interested in it?
Your future boss is sure not to hire someone who doesn't let himself be told. On the other hand, you shouldn't give in too quickly when criticized. Because not every criticism is justified. Anyone who takes a stand for his work and defends it shows courage.
Therefore, you should pay close attention to the application question about your critical ability and prepare accordingly. In the interview, you should make it clear that you deal confidently with criticism can. This means that you can use justified criticism as feedback to improve your work. In the event of unjustified criticism, however, you go into defense.
"So at first I am not particularly happy about criticism. After all, it means that you did something wrong or could have done something better. Nonetheless, criticism can be very instructive and helpful and this helps avoid future mistakesprovided the criticism is justified. And therefore one should use the word "Criticism" maybe against "Feedback" change."
An answer with "I am always happy to receive criticism" is not very credible in a job interview. Because criticism always has an unpleasant side. Ultimately, however, we can grow and get better from it.
Dealing with criticism in everyday working life
Only those who deal correctly with criticism in their everyday work can convey this in a credible way in the job interview. Therefore, you will find a few tips below on how you can respond to criticism and even use it for yourself.
How to deal with justified criticism:
- First, listen carefully to the criticism.
- Reconsider the criticism. Is it justified?
- React or answer correctly.
How to respond to unjustified criticism:
- Answer factually and don't get upset.
- Act promptly.
- Don't take it personally right away.
- Don't blame others.
If you are confronted with criticism unexpectedly, you could explain to yourself - if possible - that you have an important task to finish at the moment and that you would then take the time to talk. During this time you can relax yourself, reflect on the criticism, and come up with a constructive response.
Author: Janina Kotzam
«To the article overview
- Why is the SEZ essential for industrialization?
- What are smartphones used for?
- Which apps are user-friendly apps
- Can dogs eat raw chicken?
- What is media sociology
- What is your mission in life
- Why is water conservation important in Singapore
- What drives you to become a programmer
- Can you be brutally honest about something
- Girl what drew you to your boyfriend
- Why are New Yorkers so angry
- Fingering normal for a woman
- Which countries like China
- Have your parents ever completely denied you?
- What percentage of the income goes into taxes?
- What are the different positions for HR
- What employee benefits would you like
- What do foreigners now know about China
- What is a monthly salary in Mumbai
- How do we apply for a doctorate
- Why was the Bloomberg Terminal so successful
- What is remote computing
- Why are some people born with defects?
- Does Medicare cover dementia care