What is the biggest factor in longevity
Five tips for a long, healthy life
"Movement is one of the factors that keeps the body in shape the most," says Englert. And what's more: Sport even improves our performance. It's not just about muscle strength and lung capacity. If you do some physical exercise, you can not only remember things better afterwards, but you can also strengthen your immune system.
You don't need a sophisticated training plan to take advantage of the health benefits of exercise. For example, you can get to the 60 to 100 minutes mentioned if you go jogging twice a week. But you can also start with less and, instead of actually doing sport, integrate exercise into everyday life, says Müller: "The minute you take the stairs and not the elevator can be a start." A break in movement in the office, which you fill with a few relaxation exercises for the muscles cramped from sitting, is a first, effective step.
3. Eat right
Vegetarian, vegan, low-carb, low-fat, paleo - countless diet trends have conquered the media and bookshelves in recent years. However, all of these diets have one thing in common: each and every one of them is controversial. This is not only due to the fact that many, often self-proclaimed experts, dogmatically praise their diet as the only true one, but also to contradicting results from scientific studies. Often there are even no convincing findings at all.
Stephan Bischoff, internist and director of the Institute for Nutritional Medicine and Prevention at the University of Hohenheim, also finds it problematic that many diets are one-sided: “We now know that a balanced, varied diet is ideal. However, a diet often requires that you eat a lot of one thing and do without other things entirely. In the Paleo diet, for example, there is a lot of meat on the menu, while dairy products are absent. ”However, it is better to stick to two major nutritional advice on which almost all experts agree. "If you pay attention to these two points, you will have a healthy diet by itself," says Bischoff.
The first piece of advice is what is known as the Mediterranean diet. It is considered by many scientists around the world to be a particularly healthy diet. Those who follow a Mediterranean diet mainly eat fish, fruit, vegetables and legumes and rely on olive oil as the most important source of fat. Red meat and dairy products, on the other hand, are only consumed in small quantities. Numerous studies indicate that people who eat Mediterranean food have a lower risk of developing various diseases such as cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and even depression. However, it is difficult to say whether this is really due to the special food constellation alone. Because people who eat consciously and variedly often maintain a healthier lifestyle in other ways. And studies in which test subjects are randomly encouraged to eat a certain diet over a longer period of time are unfortunately difficult to carry out and are therefore rare.
"We now know that a balanced, varied diet is ideal"
(Stephan Bischoff, nutritionist)
After all, the Mediterranean diet relies on many foods that have a potentially health-promoting effect - and is also relatively varied compared to other diet trends. Fish contains many healthy ingredients, above all the famous omega-3 fatty acids, which can lower blood pressure and the risk of atherosclerosis, among other things. Vegetables are low in carbohydrates and high in fiber, phytochemicals, important trace elements and vitamins. And even fruit - consumed in moderation - contains countless important nutrients, especially vitamins. Particularly noteworthy in olive oil are the unsaturated fatty acids that promote healthy cholesterol levels.
- What weapon does this Iraqi soldier use
- How does it feel to be loved
- What is a euphoric effect
- Modern technology will replace books
- Why do everyone hate snouts?
- You can train neural networks in parallel
- The EU decides on the entire British immigration policy
- Is it worth an Economics Finance Phd
- What do the Chinese think of Russia
- What are the typical South Indian dishes
- Are the Chinese peoples descended from Africa?
- Why do some foreigners not know China?
- Is UAE and Saudi Arabians are the same
- What is Norway's national dish
- Have your parents ever completely denied you?
- How can I be interested in things
- How much is an app user worth
- What are the wonders of Virginia Beach
- Suspended ceilings are cheaper than drywall
- Which venomous snake kills most people
- How does a change in family values affect society?
- Is Sunday really the Sabbath?
- What do you think of Monero
- What are the benefits of lip kissing
- Russians like potatoes
- What is the biggest big ship canal
- How do you welcome 2020
- Do you like to talk to children?
- Can you eat too many green beans?
- How does it feel to receive Bastinado Falaka
- When does the pH go to zero?
- Who are the ancestors of the Mongols
- Does technology really help build relationships