Are Russian women okay with racial mixtures?
“The stranger rebels against this familiar antagonism, this conflicting agreement of friends and enemies. The threat he brings is more terrible than what one fears from the enemy. The stranger endangers the socialization itself - the possibility of socialization in general. He shows the misleading antithesis of friend and foe as a complete mappa mundi, a difference that erases every difference and therefore does not allow anything beyond it. Since this opposition forms the basis of social life and all the differences that make it up and hold it together, the stranger endangers social life itself. And all this because the stranger is neither friend nor enemy; and because he could be both. " (Bauman 1998: 25)
This is a preview of subscription content, log in to check access.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
© Centaurus Verlag & Media UG 2014
Authors and Affiliations
- 1.University of Freiburg, Germany
- How do you find the maximum speed
- How will Fortnite end
- How was your experience on CAT day
- Greatness Why are men taller than women
- Can plastic money be effective
- How many hours do web designers work
- How does government spending affect the economy?
- Web developers are in great demand
- What enemies did King David have?
- Russia is dangerous today
- Who invented the modern world
- What are the most famous Hollywood films
- Why are there child labor laws
- Is yogurt really healthy?
- How consuming are Indonesians
- How do I get Java project source codes
- What do farmers like
- What is source criticism in Christianity
- How do I get civil engineering jobs
- Can you reverse rotting teeth
- How was Quora made 2
- What is the best inflation hedge
- Hong Kong taxis take US dollars
- Why do everyone hate lawyers