IT companies hire graphic designers
Information in the area of graphic design.
Paths to graphic design: apprenticeship or studies.
So how do you become a graphic designer? There are different ways, you can do an apprenticeship as well as study graphic design or related subjects.
There is usually no numerus clausus for studying graphic design. Instead, you apply with a portfolio that shows your skills and creativity. Often there is also an entrance exam. How this works depends on the university. It can be a personal conversation or an artistic assignment.
Especially when it comes to studying graphic design: Many universities do not require a high school diploma. You can also distinguish yourself through special talent or professional qualifications for your studies. That then depends on the respective federal state. However, the same applies everywhere: There are a lot of applicants for a study place, both in the bachelor's and master's degrees. Admission to a degree in graphic design is therefore never child's play!
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in graphic design lasts six to eight semesters and often includes a practical or a semester abroad. Depending on how many credit points you have already completed in the Bachelor, the Master of Arts (MA) or Master of Fine Arts (MFA) then comprises two to four semesters. What content can you expect in the Bachelor or Master? The following table gives you an overview:
|CONTENT BACHELOR||CONTENT MASTER|
|Design principles (drawing, shape, color, composition)||Communication and media studies|
|Visual communication design techniques||aesthetics|
|Illustration and collage||Design theories|
|Print and screen design||Information design|
|typography||Image / text conception|
|Web and app design||Film / video|
|Media technology||Art Direction|
|History of art and design||Hypermedia|
|Graphics in space and surroundings||Product & communication|
|Movie||Digital illustration & animation|
(Source: https://www.medien-studieren.net/studiengaenge/grafikdesign/) However, you can also expect economic content in your studies, such as project management, digital economics, media law and design management. After all, a graphic designer not only has to let off steam creatively, but also has to keep an eye on the numbers and be able to give the customer a cost estimate before the first brushstroke. Universities rightly place such great value on interdisciplinarity in graphic design studies.
The graphic design training is a state-recognized course. You can do school education at state or private vocational schools and at vocational colleges. It lasts two to three years; an internship is usually planned during this time. This training is not remunerated, some schools incur costs. An intermediate level of education is required. Here, too, you also submit a folder that proves your skills and creativity. In addition to this work sample, there is again an aptitude test. During or after your training as a graphic designer, you can specialize in a subject that interests you particularly or that you are particularly good at.
- Why does my wife pee in public
- What do you like about being big
- Well worth buying Pixel 3a
- What is the greatest sexual secret
- Should I marry into a Jewish family
- When will the Fed raise interest rates?
- How do gays spend their lives
- What is your panty fetish
- Where is the best hotel management system
- Are PewDiePie and Jacksepticeye brothers
- How do I promote my travel app
- How do CNA and LPN differ
- What is the most expensive gift
- What is it like to travel to Peru
- When was the Bible written 1
- What should be a philosophy of life
- What is the greatest paradox of vengeance
- Why do people get bitter
- Muslim men are allowed to have dreadlocks
- Is DuckDuckGo profitable
- How can an employer defend themselves against discrimination
- How long should girls play with dolls?
- Can a person lose their US citizenship
- The real meaning of love is dead