Which country is better Romania or Serbia
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
- Official name:
- Republic of Serbia
- National holiday:
- February 15th: "Statehood Day", revolt against the Ottomans 1804
Serbia is located in southeastern Europe on the Balkan Peninsula and has no access to the sea. The neighboring countries are Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Albania. The Serbian climate is characterized by cold and snowy winters and hot summers. The Danube, Europe's second longest river, crosses Serbia and also its capital Belgrade. To the south of the Danube, the country is criss-crossed by mountains.
Belgrade is the largest city in the country and forms the political, economic and cultural center of Serbia. Many universities, media institutions and theaters are based here.
Candidate for EU membership
The Republic of Serbia is a parliamentary democracy. Every five years the people elect the head of government. He / she is called the Prime Minister and may hold office for a maximum of two terms. Promoting economic growth and rapprochement with the European Union (EU) are the main political tasks of the government. Since March 1, 2012, Serbia has been an official candidate for EU membership.
Escape: a way out of poverty?
Because Serbia's economy is not very strong, many people are unemployed. Wages and salaries are low, so the population is poor. As a result, Serbs often do not see a good future for themselves and their children in their country. Many are fleeing to other countries and hope to be able to lead a better life there.
Many wars and finally peace
Slavic Serbia settled in southeastern Europe more than 1000 years ago and founded their first own state in the 12th century. For the next few centuries, mostly foreign rulers ruled the country. It was not until the end of the 19th century that the Kingdom of Serbia was proclaimed. After the First World War, Serbia and other states in the region belonged to the South Slav state founded at the time, which has been called Yugoslavia since 1929. After the disintegration of Yugoslavia in the 1990s, a terrible civil war broke out. Different ethnic groups that had previously lived together in one state now fought each other. The Republic of Serbia as we know it today was founded in 2006. Many different population groups have lived together in the country for a very long time - besides the Serb majority, Hungarians, Roma and Croats, for example.
Largest gorge in Europe
Serbia exports iron, steel, textiles, wheat, fruits and vegetables. Many of these goods are also sold to Germany. Tourism is slowly blossoming in Serbia. Sights include the largest and longest gorge in Europe, the Iron Gate. Some Serbian monasteries are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. In addition, health resorts and many nature parks attract people. Many rare animals and plants can be found in the nature reserves.
Nine years of elementary school
Girls and boys between the ages of seven and 15 have to go to school. After primary school, they can attend a grammar school, a technical college or a vocational school. Or they start vocational training. Many well-educated Serbs go abroad to work there. The emigration of these young people poses major challenges for the country.
An instrument called a gusle
Most Serbs are Christians and belong to the Serbian Orthodox Church. They celebrate Christmas on January 7th. The Serbs are very athletic. You enjoy playing basketball, soccer, handball, water polo, volleyball and tennis successfully and successfully. Folk music and dances have a long tradition and are very popular. In typical Serbian music, national instruments such as the stringed instrument gusle play a role. In addition, people like to dance, for example their round dance "Kolo".
- Is it likely that technological singularity will occur
- Why are you interested in the automotive industry
- Which keyboard should I buy
- What is wasted life
- How do I get a grocery license in Bangalore
- Can teachers beat students?
- Why do mistakes happen?
- Which is the highest paid power supply 1
- How do companies deal with angry employees
- When is love a weakness?
- How do you respond to cat calls
- Can a failed student get a job
- What is the need for CCTV
- How are Indians treated in France
- How can the Science Olympiad be improved?
- What are some traditional foods from Vietnam
- What do employees mean for a company?
- Many Hollywood stars speak Mandarin
- Should you ever eat raw oysters?
- What is the Starbucks Employee Holiday Policy
- All successful people wake up early
- Is Sunday really the Sabbath?
- Why doesn't Quora show my activity
- Are Brazilians considered to be white or Latin American?
- Is social work a job?
- How do the Koreans see the Vietnamese
- Is cheating a choice in a relationship
- Chinese people want to learn western manners
- What is BA in 22 Gun Nomenclature
- Who is a technical program manager
- Is technology ruining society?
- How can men appear more feminine?
- When can you get EU citizenship?
- Much is to be memorized from medical school