Swords are practical
What is the largest / longest practical sword from the Bronze Age?
During the Bronze Age, relatively long, narrow swords were made as thrust weapons, presumably to bypass tower shields or full armor suites and stab your enemy in the neck area for an almost sure blow. Since the Bronze Age spans a long period, here is a good summary of the sword development
Reproduction of the Dendra armor panalopia
Type C swords.
The long thrusting swords are perhaps some of the earliest, often cataloged as Type "A" and "C". Some examples of "A" swords are up to 87 cm long while there is an example of a "C" sword that is 101 cm long. Most swords are shorter (maybe to make sure they don't bend or break when thrusting). Naue II swords were optimized for cutting and thrusting and could be up to 85 cm in length, although most were shorter, suggesting that 85 cm was the practical limit for bronze swords.
Reproduction Naue II sword
It should be noted that while swords were viewed as weapons that nobles and other wealthy people could carry into battle, most people fought with spears and were locked with daggers or axes. This is because they were generally cheaper and didn't require the amount of training a sword would take (especially a long thrusting sword. While there are no ancient texts on understanding swordsmanship in the Bronze Age, 16th century swords manuals suggest for rapiers ago It was probably quite complex to learn.
- What does vacation mean for federal employees
- Is there food science technology in IITs
- What is life Is it really difficult
- Is the Chinese Communist Party's CCP trusted?
- What are the hottest startups in Europe
- Can I get dual citizenship
- Why are some people so self-centered
- Why is IIFL so expensive
- What would Jesus' favorite swear word be?
- What are high paying HR jobs
- Is Scottish branding important on Scottish food
- The wind of men smells worse than that of women
- All women have a maternal instinct
- Why is European cuisine so boring
- Koala berries thrive in Australia
- Is Elvis Presley dead or alive?
- Why do you admire your parents
- Can I have Quora in French?
- Why can't science be a religion?
- Why should you stay in serviced apartments?
- How should I prepare for business investors?
- Masturbate women over 70
- Abhinandan shot down an F 16
- Are there ways to prevent dementia