What do the colors of the Ghana flag mean
Red in the flag of Ghana stands for the blood that was shed in the struggle for freedom and independence, yellow for the riches of the country (gold, former country name "Gold Coast"), green for forests and agriculture. The star is the "guiding star of African freedom". Red stands in the flag of Ghana for the blood, given in the fight for freedom and independence, yellow for the wealth of the land (gold, former name of the country "Gold Coast"), green for forests and agriculture. The star is the "lead star of the African freedom". Ghana is partly based on the British Ensign system. This indicates the connections to Great Britain. Ghana is partially orientated in the British Ensign-System. These points to the connexions to Great Britain.` Great Britain had introduced a flag system in 1864 in which:
- Warships a so-called "White Ensign" (naval flag), a white flag often with a continuous red Georgskreuz and with the Union Jack in the upper corner,
- Merchant ships a "Red Ensign" (also called "Civil Ensign" => citizen flag, the actual merchant flag), a red flag with the Union Jack in the upper corner, and
- Service ships carried a "Blue Ensign" (government flag => the actual state flag), a blue flag with the Union Jack in the upper corner.
Since 1865 ships of colonial governments have been allowed to carry a Blue Ensign with a badge in the flying end.
The respective governments should provide appropriate bagdes. Merchant ships and private seafarers from colonies are only allowed to carry a Red Ensign with a badge if the British Admiralty has given permission for the colony. Great Britain introduced a flag system in 1864 in which:
- war ships fly the "White Ensign" (naval flag), a white flag often with an uninterrupted red St. George's-Cross and with the Union Jack in the upper staff quadrant of the flag,
- merchant ships fly a "Red Ensign" (also named "Civil Ensign" => civil flag, the real merchant flag), a red flag with the Union Jack in the upper staff quadrant of the flag, and
- governmental ships fly the "Blue Ensign" (flag for the use by the government => the actual state flag), a blue flag with the Union Jack in the upper staff quadrant of the flag.
Since 1865 ships of colonial governments were permitted to fly the Blue Ensign with a badge in the flying end of the flag. The respective governments were asked to design appropriate badges. Merchant ships and seafaring persons from colonies were only permitted to use the Red Ensign with a badge, then also named Civil Ensign, if permission has been given to the respective colony by the British admiralty Service flag (Blue Ensign) used with the emblem (badge) introduced in 1889. It showed an elephant with threatening gestures in front of a palm tree in the middle of an African landscape. At the bottom of the badge were the letters "G.C." Until the independence was used in the Gold Coast the blue, British official flag (Blue Ensign) with the emblem (badge) introduced in 1889. It showed an elephant with threatening gesture in front of a palm tree amid an African scenery. In the lower part of the badge were to see the letters "G.C." in red. In 1964, President Kwane Nkrumah introduced a one-party system in Ghana. The flag of Ghana was then changed to resemble the flag of the ruling party (Convention People's Party). For this purpose, the yellow central stripe was colored white. In the year 1964 the president Kwane Nkrumah introduced a one-party-system in Ghana. The flag of Ghana was because of that changed in this way, that it equaled the flag of the governing party (Convention People's Party). For it was colored the yellow middle stripe into white. After a military revolt in the year 1966 was re-introduced the old flag again. Quelle / Source: Flags Wappen Hymnen, Die Welt der Flags, Flags of the World
- The saddest part of life is death
- What about building quickly in the building
- How has geography influenced history
- How do I win someone's heart
- What shouldn't you buy at Walmart
- Why is China not getting involved in Afghanistan?
- What is the healthiest canned food
- Why do Indian men like white girls
- How to get sick quickly
- What things can you have in prison
- What is an advice for funding a startup
- Can a person recover from dementia
- Does it make sense to live with parents
- At what age do men usually marry
- Are children a liability or a privilege
- Are government agencies territorial
- Why do some countries criminalize instant divorce?
- Did Jesus Christ ever masturbate
- What is the best laptop for architects
- What is a genotype test
- What is known about Morgellons
- Can China become a 50 trillion economy
- Why are worker jobs dying
- Is Amazon Prime membership helpful
- Hindu girls really love Muslim men
- What do most teenage girls do
- Why are daemes built
- Relationships Why do we fight so much
- How do I apply window stickers
- What is record
- How do I get motivated
- How do I avoid early aging
- How can risks be dealt with?
- Is online shopping good or bad