Why did Woodrow Wilson defeat Teddy Roosevelt
Woodrow Wilson: "I've always loathed Germany"
Woodrow Wilson chose the largest conceivable stage on January 8, 1918: In front of both houses of the US Congress in Washington, the House of Representatives and the Senate, he formulated his plan for the end of the global war in which the USA would end in April of the previous year had occurred.
Security through democracy was the recipe that he presented this Friday in 14 individual points. Eight of them concerned territorial issues of the warring parties, five further general principles for a future peaceful world. These include the freedom of the seas, free trade, disarmament and the right of peoples to self-determination. The last point provided for a League of Nations that would make wars unnecessary in the future.
The speech was the high point in Wilson's life. Born on December 28, 1856, he grew up in an educated middle class home in Georgia. He studied law and was admitted to the bar, but then embarked on an academic career and within a few years became a celebrated professor at the venerable Princeton University, which he headed from 1902.
In 1910, Wilson switched to politics to become governor of New Jersey, and two years later he won the presidential election against incumbent William Taft because ex-President Theodore Roosevelt had also run and so the conservative votes were split between two candidates.
- What is the demand for quants
- Secretly like Nickelback people
- Avon goes out of business
- Many houses with cellars are still built
- Can we do a doctorate after the master’s
- What jobs are depressing
- Why do Americans prefer suburbs to urbanization?
- What do the colors of the Ghana flag mean
- How much does a military tank weigh
- Are ESFP and ISFP relationships working
- How can you identify Boeing from Airbus
- What is the use of old equipment
- What makes you love your dog
- How good is wow shampoo
- When did the digital age begin?
- What is meant by stagflation
- What is the best meal plan
- What is strategic rescheduling
- Have you ever accidentally injured an animal?
- How does the brunch vary depending on the culture
- Usually have desserts after lunch
- Can a book change someone's life?
- What was your coolest archaeological find
- What happened to the British aristocracy