What is cement board siding
Selection of cladding for outdoor use
Even the builders of the 19th century thought about protecting buildings and buildings from external influences and giving them an aesthetic and attractive appearance. Then it was invented to nail the boards to the wall so that each subsequent layer hung over the previous one - this allowed the drops to slide down without any obstacles when it rained. Wooden boards were replaced by vinyl, metal and cement 60-70 years ago. At the same time, a ventilated facade technology was invented. All of this made life easier for the builders, ensured the durability of the facade and determined its style.
Now this lining has got the modern name - siding and is the most modern exterior cladding material. Its plates still combine useful and aesthetic functions. The characteristic of this material naturally wins if we compare it with other facade counterparts, and the current variety of colors and textures will be able to satisfy even the most demanding customer. Each plate, regardless of the material of manufacture, is equipped with a latch and an edge with holes for nails.
Cladding with facades is a type of rear-ventilated facade technologyin which the panels are attached to the box and air circulates freely in the space formed. If necessary, a heater is built into the free space, making the siding even more practical. In addition, the rooms decorated with cladding also look very stylish.
The following are the existing types of siding, their properties and application characteristics.
Vinyl sidewalls are a sheet made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) with the addition of titanium dioxide, calcium carbonate, modifiers and other substances. Such panels are used when facing a facade. The advantage of these panels is that they can withstand sudden changes in temperature, including the scorching sun and frost, easily wash off from a regular garden hose, and retain their original appearance even after many years.
This was made possible thanks to the upper protective layer (capstock)which should be more than 20% of the total thickness of the web. The inner layer (substrate) is responsible for the geometric properties. In the quality track, the colors of the inner and outer layers match. For all its advantages, vinyl siding burns quickly, can bend under a strong blow, and doesn't look as expensive as it could have been.
Most often, PVC panels are used for finishing private houses and cottages, when they hide the imperfection of the walls and try to hide the insulation.
You can choose the vertical and horizontal siding.
- Verticalin addition to the appropriate fastening, it has a symmetrical form factor (standard) of the panels. In Russia, such vinyl records are rarely used in pavilions or cafes. Fits from one angle to the other.
- Horizontal the type of fastening is common in Russia, such panels have several profile shapes: "shipboard" and "herringbone". Installation is from bottom to top.
If you are not a fan of natural materials, then vinyl cladding, convenient and quick to install, is a great option; value for money will not leave you indifferent.
Plastic burns and there is no escape. High quality trim will fade evenly and gradually so you won't even notice it. The difference will only be seen if you choose to wrap the extension or replace the plates. Then there will be a noticeable difference in several tones. Therefore, do not pull the facade cladding for several seasons, try everything at once.
Quality Canadian siding will not lose color intensity even after 10 years, the Russian will remain bright and new for at least 5 years, and inferior and cheap will lose their properties in a year.
In addition, there is foam siding - it is PVC panels, which are characterized by reduced thermal conductivity and the ability to absorb vibrations and dampen sound. Of course, when using foam sheets, you cannot completely replace the insulation, but you can still achieve some effect.
Natural wood is an environmentally friendly and reliable material. Unlike PVC, it rots, deforms, and cannot look flawless for many years; on the other hand, it has excellent thermal insulation and decorative properties.
Wood panels can be divided into several types.
By type of material processing:
- Panels, the wood of which has a moisture content of not more than 18%, are made of hardwood and hard tropical species;
- Slabs of fire-resistant rock (pine or ash) are subjected to additional heat treatment at 170-220 degrees;
- Wood impregnated with an antiseptic.
A distinction is made according to the type of section:
- "Groove Comb";
- "A quarter";
- "Overlap" or "American";
- "Butt" (plank).
Wood paneling is popular in America and CanadaTherefore, when choosing such plates in Russia, it is better to choose the manufacturers of these countries.
Installation is carried out on battens (boxes), which must be made of moisture-resistant wood. At maximum humidity, it is preferable to choose a bar. 50 mm nails are required for fastening. The corners are covered by the cladding panels. Windows and doors are provided with a housing.
Wooden panels are divided into double-beam and log house.
- Raised bars. It is easy to guess that the raised bars are boards that imitate wood and have a smooth front; there is a wide variety of colors, shades and textures of such panels, so this material is in demand among interior designers.
- Log cabin This type of slab is made up of different species of trees, but conifers are considered to be the best. Thanks to the impregnation, softwood panels do not rot and do not form mold.
Finishing material made of cedar wood enables veneering and indoor work. Larch panels - very durable, good and high quality panels, with the highest value. Not so long ago glued log house appeared.
There is a classification that determines the class of the material:
- "A" - 1 knot on the 1.5 m plate, no more than 2 blind cracks;
- "B" - 4 bitches and 2 blind cracks on 1.5 meters of the plate;
- "C" nodes are present, but not more than 25 mm in diameter, the presence of 2 through cracks.
Wood cladding will help you with an individual design, be it for the exterior or interior decoration of a building.
Metal cladding is made of steel, zinc or aluminum. The latter can be painted in any color, imitating any texture.
The main disadvantage of metal plates is their "noise" in rain, strong gusts of wind. Corrosion can also occur in damaged areas. On the other hand, if there is no mechanical damage and there is no need to replace an entire panel, the metal cladding will have a lifespan similar to that of PVC.
Steel panels are suitable for workshops or industrial buildings, they are not flammable, but they are very heavy, which increases the load on the foundation.
Metal sidewalls can be divided into the following types:
- Wall panels;
- Panels under the log;
- straight straight siding (mounted vertically).
The concept of the "metal base" does not exist. The manufacturer applies a drawing to the metal surface that imitates one or the other material. Such a process was made possible thanks to "Photo-Offset" technology. These plates have a special name Printech.
Particularly popular plates that imitate the trunk of a tree - is a woodstock made of metal. It is peculiar in its shape, it can reproduce the relief of a half-timbered or masonry work, has such a profile geometry that it easily reproduces the pattern of natural wood.
Fire protection organizations and services do not place great demands on cement panels, so they are the most common material in repair and finishing work. At the same time, these plates are very expensive and heavy.
Cement panels consist of 80% cement with the addition of sand, minerals and cellulose fibers. Cement facing can be with a smooth or embossed surface, models imitating stone, brick and other materials are very common. Most often, such plates are made in a gray natural color with a surface prepared for painting. The buyer is invited to choose the color and paint the siding.
For the convenience and ease of installation, the cement cladding can be made in the form of a designer, with fasteners attached to the rear. When installing on a brick wall, it is necessary to make a ledge.
The basement is an important element in the construction of a building, it needs to be approached with special attention. Due to its proximity to the ground, it is constantly exposed to mechanical damage and often interacts with moisture, most often panels that imitate stone are used, this gives reliability to the whole structure as a whole.
The plinth panel is usually produced in the sizes 1125x480 mm. The parameters can vary depending on the manufacturer, but an average of 1x0.5m was found and it is easy to calculate that 2 fields are needed to cover 1 square meter. High-quality and reliable cladding does not have a clear visible connection, its fastening is very strong. These joints affect the further operation of the base.
Usually PVC, metal or cement are used for floor slabs. The last innovation in construction, which has not yet had time to settle in Russia, is a basement with insulation. The heating is achieved by applying a polyurethane foam to the material.
To install this design, a metal box is needed, which is placed horizontally. The first row must necessarily plank, called the start, it is mounted around the perimeter of the house below, it was with her start to install the rest of the panel.
Corners are decorative elements and have no semantic charge. These elements usually trim the corners of windows and doors.
Ventilation grilles also have a decorative function, they are necessary for their intended purpose for better ventilation under the panels.
Ceramic facing panels were first produced in Japan. Ceramiding has established itself as a material with rather high performance characteristics. It is a fiber cement board made of silicate fiber materials. In the future, they will be hardened in the oven, they will be applied to a multi-layer coating that looks very similar to ceramics. The top layer of the coating must necessarily contain fluorine-containing inorganic or silicone-acrylic dyes.
Such plates are successfully used in Russia thanks to their merits:
- Material resistant to heat and cold;
- does not fade thanks to an innovative cover;
- creates a noise barrier;
- corresponds to the highest fire resistance class;
- due to the absence of asbestos, it is considered a very environmentally friendly coating;
- Ceramic tiles have a thermal insulation value that is 10 times higher than that of concrete surfaces.
The main disadvantages of ceramics are its large weight and complex installation, so to install the panels you need special fasteners that do not require drilling clamps. The studs on the screws are attached to the metal profile of the casing. Thanks to hermetic connections, there is no need to treat seams
Ceramic cladding cannot afford everything. First, they have a very high cost. Second, transportation from Japan is fraught with difficulties. Third, the complexity of the installation and specific assembly. Therefore, this type of cladding can only be found on the facades of large companies or private homes of wealthy people.
advantages and disadvantages
Russian buyers have long perceived the cladding sheets as a first-class facade finish, but so far they have not been in great demand. Below are all of the advantages and disadvantages of siding. After the exam, you can decide: is this type of finish right for you?
First, consider all the advantages of this material.
- Protection of the surface of the facade from rain, snow, wind, UV rays and so on.
- Siding does not require special preparation of the walls, and at the same time hides all the visible flaws of the facade.
- The condensate is drained along the inner surface of the facade panels, which ensures no moisture overload.
- Siding can make a house unique, customizable, with a unique design. Any building with side walls will look modern.
- Another advantage of the material is that it is durable. If you choose a high-quality cladding material, its service life can be up to 50 years. Without restoration, it can serve for more than 30 years. In terms of durability, it should also be taken into account that the material made of wood is a little less plastic, but it looks more noble and expensive.
- Easy to use: it is enough to wash it occasionally and only when it is necessary.
- Siding - quite environmentally friendly and safe material. Because they are biologically inert, the panels do not harm human health.
Cladding panels, on the other hand, have several disadvantages.
- Installing strips, whether made of wood, metal or PVC, is much more difficult than just painting the wall, but faster than laying with a real brick.
- For any mechanical action, special or not, the plate must be completely replaced, so the question arises when analyzing and collecting the surface.
- In order to avoid unpleasant incidents, all properties of the material must be precisely known. If there is a brazier next to the PVC-lined wall, the material can melt. If the wall is lined with metal, it can get hot, which is also a hazard.
- The high cost of parts and fasteners. If you use cheaper counterparts, the manufacturer does not accept any liability.
In any case, all the advantages and disadvantages depend on the specific situation, conditions, possibilities and wishes of the client.
The modern market offers many Russian and foreign manufacturers operating in the Russian market. It should be noted that each manufacturer has its own cost, and the list of products does not include all types.
Ease of installation and durability of the design depends on the quality of the product, which is determined by the manufacturer.
- Canada is considered to be the founder of the facade industry. One of the most popular companies selling vinyl siding is considered a company. mitten. The main advantage of the brand is a guarantee of quality for 50 years, the company also ensures that their product is environmentally friendly, not afraid of the sun or frost. The specialty of Mitten products is that the customer can pick up the panel in any price range, and even the cheapest panels are resistant to temperature extremes, the manufacturer guarantees no bloating and delamination.
- Vinyl siding Foundry comes from the USAThey are manufactured by the Tarco Group using special technologies. Foundry is the only full-color PVC siding in Russia. Despite the manufacturing material, the foundry plates are not flammable. For example, they can be used to show a section of a house near a brazier. In Russia, this manufacturer has an exclusive dealer who makes it easier to buy panels.
- German company Docke deals with the production of acrylic and vinyl sheets. This cladding is designed for harsh climatic conditions and, despite the low price, the panels are of excellent quality. On the company's official website, the price of such PVC panels ranges from 140 rubles. / Piece for vertical siding up to 239 rubles. / Piece per log cabin. Acrylic sheets cost 255 rubles. Piece Installation is quick and easy, the wedding in the "castles" is extremely rare. There are no discomforts in appearance, the facade will keep its original appearance for many years.
- Nordside - Russian companyThat is engaged in a plastic and front fairing. Reviews talk about good quality of products and compliance with production technologies. Products are certified. Nordside Siding Warranty - 50 years from date of sale.
- Nailite company is the first company in the world to start producing cladding for basement walls. Boards can imitate stone, brick or wood.The price is 740 rubles per piece in the size 470x1130 mm. Nailite produces boards with a thickness of 0.003 m, while their durability is several times higher than that of vinyl. The material contains polypropylene resins, which makes it extremely durable. Thanks to the resins, the panels resist moisture, are not covered with mold, do not darken or rot.
- Russian brand of wood paste offers the facade of the plinth type wall stone. Externally, the product simulates a variety of stone and masonry, and it also has 6 lines in the range. The advantage of wall stone is that the panels are made of polypropylene, so don't be afraid of water, dirt and moss, thanks to the click lock they are easy to assemble and they can be washed. The manufacturer gives a guarantee on paint - 15 years (raw material tensile strength). The cost of the panels is 390 rubles per unit (0.795 x 0.595 m).
Companies from Canada, America and Germany have strong positions in the niche of vinyl cladding manufacturers. The companies Novik, Mitten, the American brand CertainTeed and the German Holzplast are also popular. If you look at the Russian market with an affordable price segment, the brands Alta Profil and FineBer can be called.
Metal cladding in Russia is made by Nord Haus, Grand Line and Optima. The Belgian company Eternit, the Japanese Nichiha, has a unique fiber-cement cladding of the facade, the Russian brand RosPan deserves special attention.
- How can I get money for my studies?
- How did Jim Jones convince people
- How do I change major subjects in college?
- Just in time production
- Why is today's generation so stressed
- Why are you no longer an atheist
- What is the best working dog breed
- Are there unsafe areas in Tulsa US
- Samwell Tarly had a dark side
- What is public expenditure per investment
- Can you cash an insurance check
- What's the hottest startup out there
- How do Egyptians go
- What is a workers' cooperative
- Are giant human skeletons real
- How to do a live podcast
- The geordie accent is easy to understand
- Obtain the state contract workers DA
- Why is smoked chicken pink
- How do you travel to Samoa
- How do you feel about gay marriage?
- Which are the best countries to visit
- What does a Chinese IP lawyer do
- Why do diabetics often urinate at night