What does a 60th birthday really mean?
Birthday sayings: beautiful words + birthday quotes
If a family member, a dear friend or even a colleague celebrates their birthday, birthday sayings can be the perfect addition to your congratulations. A suitably chosen birthday saying shows that you have put thought and effort. We have put together more than 60 short, beautiful and also funny birthday sayings in different categories for you ...
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Birthday sayings: inspiration for individual words
Whether printed on a finished birthday card or as a nice saying via Whatsapp: Birthday sayings are a popular way of congratulating - for both sender and recipient.
However, it is important to choose the right birthday sayings. What your own family finds funny may be inappropriate for the boss. You can annoy your best friend as you get older, but it may be inappropriate for colleagues at work. Our large overview of birthday sayings provides you with inspiration and suitable formulations for different recipients.
Beautiful birthday sayings
- "The happiest days of the past year may be the worst of the next year."
- “May you live as long as you want and as long as you live.” (Irish blessing)
- “Happiness is like a wonderful dessert. May life give you more of it than you can ever eat. "(Irish blessing)
- “We cannot prevent us from getting older. But we can make sure we have fun doing it.
- "The longer a good violin is played, the more beautiful its tone."
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take; but in the moments that take our breath away. "(Maya Angelou)
- “Birthday shine and candlelight, your day should be shining today. I hug you tight and from a distance, because I really like you. "
- "The secret of happiness is to count the high points of life instead of birthdays." (Mark Twain)
- "It is not a matter of giving life more years, but of giving the years more life." (Alexis Carrel)
- "A new year of life means: new grace, new light, new thoughts, new ways to the goal of new ways." (Otto Riethmüller)
- "Getting old is like climbing a mountain: the higher you climb, the more the forces dwindle, but the further you see." (Ingmar Bergmann)
- "Moons and years pass and are gone forever, but a beautiful moment shines through life." (Franz Grillparzer)
- "Age does not protect against love, but love against old age." (Coco Chanel)
- "You are in your best years when you have the good ones behind you." (André Maurois)
- "Whoever the gods love, they let them grow young." (Oscar Wilde)
- "You are as young as your confidence, as old as your doubts, as young as your hope, as old as your despondency." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "If life gives you a birthday,‘ make it a party. "
- "Wherever happiness is -
hope to be there too.
Wherever someone smiles kindly
hope his laugh is for you.
Wherever the sun breaks out of the clouds
hope she seems special to you.
So that every day of your life is as bright as possible. "(Irish blessing)
Birthday sayings: Short and sweet
- "Anyone who retains the ability to recognize beautiful things will never grow old." (Franz Kafka)
- "We don't get older with the years, we get newer every day." (Emily Dickinson)
- "How old you have become can be seen in the faces of those you knew young." (Heinrich Böll)
- "Getting old and staying young is the greatest good." (Proverb)
- "It is not the length of life, but the depth of life that counts." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "Every gift is welcomed, but above all: May what you strive for, may you succeed." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "Age. What is age Isn't every age a gift? "(Ida Ehre)
- "The past is history, the future is a secret and every moment is a gift." (Ina Deter)
- "The birthday is the echo of time." (Evelyn Waugh)
- “A nice life, a nice day. I want to give you what I can. "(Leo Bekew)
- "Years of life make you wise and prepare you for the onward journey." (Wolf Dietrich von Raitenau)
- "Everyone wants to get old, but nobody wants to be." (Gustav Knuth)
Birthday sayings as a poem
- None of us will be younger
Wrinkles adorn the face.
But age also makes you wise:
It goes on, your journey. (Wolf Dietrich)
- “The time is running, don't take it hard.
Just don't run after her.
Take a break
You get older on your own. "(Anita Menger)
- "What a joy when it says:
Dude, you are white in hair
but your spirit is blooming. "(Gotthold Ephraim Lessing)
- “Sorrow be lame! Worry be blind!
Long live the birthday boy! (Theodor Fontane)
- "You don't just need money in life,
you need all love, joy, happiness -
I wish you a piece of everything. "(Francois Rabelais)
- “One year older, don't be angry.
You only get more mature, more interesting, smarter. "
- "Another year older, don't take it so hard,
because when you get older, you don't change anything.
Count your years and always remember:
They are like a treasure that no one can take away from you. " (Birthday song)
- “Become what you are not yet, remain what you are now;
in this remaining and becoming, everything beautiful lies here on earth. "(Franz Grillparzer)
- “Your cradle festival is celebrating again, that's a big reason to be happy‘.
Forget worries and concerns, let happiness and health be your gift. "
- "Health and a cheerful mind,
lead easily through life. "(Theodor Fontane)
- "The world belongs to the happy,
the sun and the sky. "(Theodor Fontane)
- "I wish you at your cradle celebration,
the greatest of the great
and the best of the good. "
- "Today is your special day on which I say to you from the bottom of my heart:
Stay as you are, always happy and nice,
then your happiness in life is complete. "
Birthday sayings for friends
- "Intelligence, good looks, charm and old age - you have reached one of them today."
- "Candles, cakes and gifts,
not enough when I consider
you were always there for me,
to your new year of life! "
- "It's your birthday doesn't have to mean that you are getting older."
- "That you never have to look for happiness because it should find you, no matter where you are."
- "I'm happy because it's your birthday - and even more so because you will be my friend for another year."
Birthday sayings for men
- “A man with white hair is like a house with snow on the roof. But that doesn't prove that there is no fire in the stove. ”(Maurice Chevalier)
- “Men are as old as they feel. Women as young as they look. "
- “The older you get, the more you realize: It's not about how you look or what you own. It's about the personality you have become. "
- "No smart man has ever wished to be younger." (Jonathan Swift)
Birthday sayings for women
- "Women demand the impossible: you should forget your age, but always remember your birthday." (Karl Farkas)
- "Celebrate every birthday as if it were the last - and remember that love is the only gift that is really worth the effort to give." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- “35 is a delightful age. There are women of the highest birth who, of their own free will, remain 35 years after they have turned 40. "(Oscar Wilde)
- "When asked about the birthday, men name the year and women the month." (Robert Lembke)
Funny birthday sayings
- "You get old when the candles cost more than the birthday cake." (Bob Hope)
- "I am happy for you! Not because you're getting older, but because you make me look young. "(Frank von Schillerberg-Gosheim)
- "The more candles your birthday cake has, the less breath you have to blow it out." (Jean Cocteau)
- “If someone calls you old, hit them with your stick and throw your teeth after them.
- "Even at 60 you can still be 40 - but only half an hour a day." (Anthony Quinn)
- "To me, being old always means: 15 years older than me." (Bernard Mannes Baruch)
- "You get old when people start saying that you look young." (Karl Dall)
- "At the age of 20 everyone has the face that God gave them, at 40 the face that gave them life and at 60 the face that they deserve." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "The older you get, the more the birthday cake resembles a torchlight procession." (Katherine Hepburn)
- "I always suspected that blowing out the candles on the birthday cake was a disguised test for insurance." (Katherine Hepburn)
- “What time takes from man in hair, it replaces him in humor.” (William Shakespeare)
- "The secrets of eternal youth are always to be honest, to eat slowly and to lie about your real age."
What other readers have read about it
Nils Warkentin studied business administration at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen. In the career bible, he is devoted to topics related to studies, career entry and everyday office life.
- The sports subplayer gets paid
- What is a mamonogamous relationship
- How much Venezuelans hate Nicolas Maduro
- Contains bread sugar
- Why didn't classical composers use percussion?
- Why are you changing your job profile
- How do structural and cyclical unemployment differ?
- It is wrong to smell a lot of bleach
- What does a counseling service do
- Is Pretoria safer than Cape Town
- Can we do a GPU per CPU
- Can I switch from Accenture to CTS?
- Is Indonesia friendly to Westerners and Africans
- Why do narcissists run away from the truth?
- What are the benefits of retiring
- What is cash in Australia
- How do I cook the best curry
- Where was the first man born
- Which pitch is the hardest to catch
- The Turks hate India
- Why do people treat me differently
- What is your favorite vacation
- Why should I visit Karnataka
- Which main subjects do management consultancies employ?