Can semen ruin a pregnancy test
Unfulfilled desire to have children - tips to increase the chances of conceiving
Updated on 08/19/18
Most couples assume that they can have a child whenever they want. However, they only notice how small the chance is in reality after they have tried unsuccessfully for a while. For example, fertilization of an egg can only take place during ovulation, so there is only a 4 to 5 day chance of getting pregnant. In addition, age, irregular cycle and existing diseases reduce the chances.
This page provides information on the following topics:
- The likelihood of getting pregnant
- Factors Affecting Fertility
- Healthy and disease-free
- Do not allow yourself to be put under pressure
- avoid stress
- Healthy eating and exercise in moderation
- Alcohol, nicotine and caffeine are taboo
- Interplay of sex and abstinence
- Optimal vaginal environment
- "Egg warmers" affect the quality of the sperm
- Other ways to increase the likelihood of fertilization
- Important information when planning a pregnancy
- Latest studies and findings
Probability in a cycle is less than 30 percent
In fact, the likelihood of getting pregnant is in each menstrual cycle at 20 to 30 percent. But only if all conditions are optimal and sexual intercourse takes place on the fertile days. Of these women who want to get pregnant, around 50 percent succeed in the first three months, around 75 percent within the first six months and 90 percent become pregnant within a year. On average, it takes about 4 months to become pregnant.
Even the smallest factors reduce the chances
Human reproduction is very susceptible to disturbance. Because already a small one Errors in egg maturation, sperm formation or fertilization can ruin your chances of conceiving for the next four weeks. In addition, fertility has its natural limit, which is why the Chances for women over the age of 30 decrease. At 35, the probability of becoming pregnant is only half as high as at 25. However, the biological clock is not only ticking for women, fertility declines bit by bit in men after the age of 30. In addition, a irregular menstrual cycle postpone pregnancy even longer as it is more difficult to determine the fertile days.
A fertilization only works during ovulation
The time window is very small, because a woman can only become pregnant at one point in the month. More precisely, fertilization can only take place during ovulation. And to determine or to know this exactly is not easy. Special cycle computers, so-called ovulation tests or the basal temperature measurement method, in which ovulation is determined via the body temperature, can help. As a general guideline, however, the likelihood of getting pregnant is between the 9th and 16th day of a 28-day cycle the biggest.
After ovulation, the egg cell can be fertilized about 12-24 hours
However, the sperm survive in the woman's body for two to five days, which is why the greatest chances of having a child are two days before ovulation to one day after. Couples who sleep together every second or third day can, however, save arithmetic, since they always have a fertile day.
Don't stiffen up on this one time
It is important not to stiffen up on this one time and to place all hopes on it. So you put yourself under psychological stress and can no longer enjoy sex. Witnessing children should be fun and not a compulsory exercise.
Factors Affecting Fertility
To ensure that all the prerequisites for pregnancy are in place, the following factors should be observed:
1. Healthy and disease-free
Various diseases can negatively affect fertility, including B. venereal diseases, infectious diseases and metabolic diseases. An underactive or overactive thyroid has a negative effect on female fertility, as the thyroid and sex hormones are linked by a control circuit. Complete vaccination protection is also important. Often not all of the necessary vaccinations are available or need to be refreshed. So z. B. rubella disease during pregnancy can lead to malformations of the baby. For this reason, every woman wishing to have children is recommended to have her vaccination protection checked. But not only women should take care of their health and have themselves checked regularly, various diseases in men also affect the quality of the sperm cells (such as diabetes) and should be treated.
2. Do not let yourself be put under pressure!
The desire to have a baby is very often associated with psychological pressure, especially when the hoped-for pregnancy is a long time coming. Dissatisfaction and relationship stress are the result. This in turn has an impact on sexual desire and fertility of both sexes. The social environment triggers additional pressure (such as grandparents, friends or neighbors who are waiting for the longed-for offspring). Free yourself from such influences and do not even let others know about your plans for the next generation. Relatives and friends will find out early enough when the time has come.
3. Avoid stress!
Everyone knows by now that stress is not healthy. But many are not really aware that physical and emotional stress, especially when trying to have children, has negative effects on fertility. Stress promotes the release of the hormone prolactin, which inhibits male semen production and influences the female cycle and hormone balance. Excessive physical and psychological stress are also bad when trying to have children. So treat yourself to a break and take a break from everyday life. Relaxation techniques such as B. Yoga or autogenic training.
4. Eating healthy and exercising in moderation
A balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals should not only take place during pregnancy, but when you wish to have a baby. Because a one-sided diet messes up the hormonal balance and damages fertility. Incidentally, this applies to both partners. Overweight also has a negative impact on the desire to have children. For this reason, regular exercise (preferably in the fresh air) is recommended. Movement gets the circulation going, promotes fertility and lowers the level of stress. But watch out, if you overdo it and have too much ambition or do competitive sports, you have exactly the opposite effect and build up stress. Light sports such as cycling or running, combined with sufficient recovery phases, ensure balance.
5. Alcohol, nicotine and caffeine are taboo!
Luxury foods such as alcohol, nicotine or caffeine should be avoided by both sexes if they want to have children. Because alcohol lowers the sperm production as well as its quality and speed in men. In women, it delays the maturation of egg cells. Nicotine and caffeine also reduce fertility in both partners.
6. It's all in the mix - interplay of sex and abstinence
Too infrequent sexual intercourse is just as bad as too frequent, since the two opposites reduce the sperm count. Therefore, as already mentioned, a short abstinence of two to three days is best.
7. Optimal vaginal environment
A natural environment in the vagina is very important for the sperm to make it into the uterus. Therefore, everything that could change the vaginal climate should be avoided (such as lubricants, intimate sprays, rinses, etc.).
8. "Egg warmers" affect the quality of the sperm
Men can also do a lot to increase the chances of having the desired child. Counterproductive for the fertility of men are z. B. heated seats in the car, long saunas or long hot baths. These high temperatures in the testicles disrupt semen production and mobility. On the other hand, loose jeans and boxer shorts are good because they ensure optimal ventilation in the crotch.
Other ways to increase the likelihood of fertilization
- Contrary to expectations, the position does not really play a role in the act of love, because during the fertile days a woman can become pregnant with any vaginal intercourse. However, there are some positions that can also promote fertilization. This is e.g. B. at all Positions the case, where the penis can penetrate deeply into the vagina (Missionary position, from behind). Because in this way the sperm get closer to the cervix.
- Before that, however, the bladder should ideally be emptiedso that you don't have to go to the toilet immediately afterwards and can lie down for a while. The sperm then have enough time to penetrate the cervix.
- It remains to be seen whether a female orgasm will have a positive effect. However, the fact is that a male orgasm is essential for pregnancy is.
- The top priority, however, is the joy, passion and lust for sex. The Child planning must not become a compulsory course and run on a strict schedule. Spontaneity and fun shouldn't be neglected.
Important information when planning a pregnancy
When planning a pregnancy, the following things should also be taken into account in advance:
Stop contraception in good time
Anyone planning to have a child must stop using the previous method of contraception. Although every woman has the possibility of becoming pregnant immediately afterwards, it can still take some time (up to a year) until then. Especially with a 3-month injection, it can sometimes take three years for the cycle to return to normal. This is especially important for couples who are aiming for pregnancy at some point.
Adequate intake of folic acid
Folic acid supplements should not be taken during pregnancy, but when planning a child. Because folic acid plays an important role in all cell regeneration and cell division processes in the human body. A deficiency in folic acid can lead to malformations of the central nervous system (neural tube defects) such as spina bifida (open back). Since the neural tube closes in the fourth week of pregnancy (when many women only realize they are pregnant), prophylactic folic acid intake is recommended one month before the planned pregnancy. Although this does not increase the chances of fertilization, if successful, the healthy development of the fetus is ensured right from the start. The following preparations contain folic acid and can be used up to the end of the 1st trimester of pregnancy if you want to have children:
Check vaccination protection against rubella
If the mother-to-be should check her vaccination status if she wishes to have children. In particular, if there is no vaccination protection and infection with rubella during pregnancy, serious damage can occur in the unborn child. You can find more information about this in our rubella guide.
Control of teeth
Larger treatments must definitely be carried out before pregnancy. For example, periodontal disease increases the risk of premature birth. Women with amalgam fillings are less likely to ovulate. However, the amalgam should not be removed during child planning or pregnancy, as this increases the mercury load in the body.
Even taking all factors into account is not a guarantee of instant pregnancy. Mother Nature likes to take up to two years for this, which is absolutely within the normal range. If you still do not become pregnant after this period, it is advisable to see a specialist. Gynecologists and fertility clinics can usually help nature a little bit so that the dream of having a child can come true. However, medicine also has its limits.
Latest study and findings
Fertility medicine: Mediterranean diet increases the chance of a successful pregnancy (January 2018)
If the desire to have children is unfulfilled, in-vitro fertilization (IVF, "fertilization in a test tube") can be used. Fertilizing an egg in this way works very well in the context of modern medicine - problems arise, however, when the fertilized egg is supposed to implant itself in the woman's uterus. If the implantation worked, it is not uncommon for the woman to lose the child. The study examined the extent to which eating behavior improves the chances of having a lively, healthy child. To this end, 244 non-obese women between 22 and 41 years of age who had IVF performed were surveyed. The MedDiet Score was used to assess the extent to which the women followed a Mediterranean diet. Women with a high score, who were very much oriented towards a Mediterranean diet, had a significantly better chance that the implantation would succeed and that they would give birth to a living child. About half of them became pregnant after IVF, while it was only 29.1% of women who hardly followed a Mediterranean diet. A successful pregnancy was observed in 48.8% of women with a Mediterranean diet, compared to only 26.6% of women without a Mediterranean diet. These results show that small lifestyle changes can have a significant impact on fertility. Click here for the study.
- Can someone suddenly lose feelings for someone
- What the government will do with old currency
- Have you ever camped in the snow
- How was Japan in the 1980s
- Can Nigeria be a democracy
- Who is the best gastroenterologist in Lucknow
- What is commercial construction
- Did any team beat the Harlem Globetrotters?
- How does the Chinese government stimulate consumption
- Can I have Quora in French?
- Are films still shot on film?
- Dubai reached another slowdown
- The startup scene in Asia is increasing
- Why does TikTok make teenagers addicted?
- Which country has the most ambassadors?
- Mixed women are generally more attractive
- Can I hack a fraudster
- What does a triathlon consist of
- How can I humiliate a narcissist
- What's the best curry recipe
- How does Walmart cash handwritten checks
- Was Roger Federer ever booed
- What is the deadliest extreme sport
- Has social media crashed today
- What are government regulations for the economy
- Schizophrenic people hallucinate and see things
- In which countries is NEBOSH recognized
- Is the piano a percussion instrument
- Does BBW have some negative meanings
- Are the Northern Irish the real Irish?
- How do the British see other Europeans
- How was the Koran written
- What is the richest caste in India