What is a normal roof pitch
The roof pitch from the gable roof
The roof structure and the roof pitch in the case of a gable roof
First of all, it is also important for the later roof pitch which roof structure you choose. But more points depend on it.
- Finishing properties of the roof
- Snow or wind load in the respective region
- allow large dormers
- use the self-cleaning effect efficiently
Purlin and rafter roof trusses
Depending on the roof structure used, you can use your attic in different ways. The roof pitch angle is also only of limited importance up to now. Saddle roofs can basically be built on both rafter and purlin roof trusses. While the rafter roof transfers all weight to the outer walls, the purlin roof requires support posts that are erected over supporting walls and thus also transfer the weight.
The gable roof on a rafter roof
This leads to completely different possibilities. With the rafter roof, which can be made particularly steep, this results in a large free top floor area. If the floor area is not large, the attic can be turned into a large room without annoying support beams. This is helped by the fact that the gable roof on a rafter roof or the collar beam roof that has been further developed from it can be made very steep, which creates additional living space of up to 30 percent.
The gable roof on a rafter roof
The purlin roof can also be set up particularly wide, so it is suitable for large floor areas. This means that the supporting pillars can be optimally integrated into walls, if the room layout is large enough. At the same time, the purlin roof can be made very flat, so that the attic can look almost like a conventional living area.
The maximum heights of the gables or ridges prescribed by the regional building regulations are not exceeded, but the living space below is used efficiently. In addition, large dormers can be integrated into the purlin roof because the rafters do not necessarily have to face each other. The roof truss can also be combined from the various constructions in order to influence the roof pitch and utility properties of the attic.
Provisions relating to the roof pitch
Thus, both roof structures also have an influence with regard to the required or desired roof pitch. Necessary because Germany can be differentiated according to regions with little or no snow, but also according to regions with little or no wind. The required roof pitch angle for the pitched roof is also based on this.
In addition, you can subdivide gable roofs yourself according to the roof pitch angle.
- Inclination angle less than or maximum 30 degrees: a flat gable roof
- Angle of inclination 45 degrees: an angled or New German saddle roof
- Inclination angle 60 degrees and the shape of an equilateral triangle: Old French or Old Franconian saddle roof
- Inclination angle of 62 degrees: Gothic or old German saddle roof
The covering of the gable roof, taking into account the roof pitch
With a pitched roof, however, the roof pitch angle also determines which roof covering you can use. In addition to the load-bearing capacity, which can also be adjusted by the roof structure, it is the self-cleaning effect of the roof, for example due to rainwater running off, that you have to take into account. In addition, there must be a minimum slope so that water cannot penetrate the roof structure. Depending on the roof covering, there are different minimum values, also called standard values.
- 15 to 85 degrees roof pitch: bitumen shingles, but the design of the shingles must be taken into account
- 15 degree roof pitch: plastic roof panels
- 22 degree roof pitch: flat roof tiles
- from a roof pitch of 22 degrees: concrete roof tiles
- 25 degree roof pitch: slate panels (old German and double roofing) and FZ panels
- 30 degree roof pitch: double groove tile
Depending on the angle of inclination of your gable roof, you have to pay attention to suitable material for the roofing.
Of course, you will also find other articles relating to the various roof designs and roof truss constructions in the house journal. So also for [calculating a roof].
- How happy life can be
- What exactly is market research
- How do you start at an agency?
- How did you get your last job
- Is Toronto a nice place to live
- What is unique about Mexican food
- What does the word sura mean
- Tennis elbow may cause numbness
- Why is outsourcing necessary
- How many extreme sports have you done
- Why is he feeling me
- Can a CNA help change urinary catheters
- Where can I find the offshore development team
- Is an engineering degree a challenge?
- Are people who have no children richer
- How many chapters are there in the Bible?
- How tall are Indian girls
- All music has value
- Offers PGDM jobs in Canada
- Which is the most extreme sport
- Which careers do not involve office work?
- Should the door hinges be on the outside
- What are we going to school
- What do economists think of income taxes?