Why does a dog's urine smell bad
Removing dog urine: tips for different surfaces
What should you watch out for with dog urine on parquet? Which home remedies help against dog urine stains? In the following we will take a look at how to cleanly remove urine stains on various surfaces.
Dog urine on PVC or tiles
A stain is quickly a thing of the past on smooth surfaces, but again, remove dog urine with a special pet urine cleaner. If you don't have one on hand, avoid cleaning products that contain ammonia. Instead, you'd better wipe the floor with a vinegar cleaner, which can neutralize urine odor.
Remove dog urine from clothing or blankets
Your four-legged friend peed on the blanket? First wash the affected area with clean water to dilute the urine. Then it goes into the washing machine - without any further washing. A wash cycle at 60 degrees not only eliminates the bacteria contained in the urine, but also the unpleasant smell.
If the blankets or items of clothing with urine stains are not suitable for these temperatures, you can add an enzymatic detergent. This destroys the urine crystals and thus the cause of the bad smell even at low temperatures, for example with a 30-degree wash. Enzymatic detergents also remove the stains, of course. But be careful: They only work at temperatures of up to 45 degrees.
Tip: Some dog urine cleaners can be used on clothing. Simply read the manufacturer's instructions for use. Usually the garment has to be put into the normal wash cycle after an exposure time of 15 to 30 minutes.
Dog urine on carpet and furniture
The special cleaners against dog urine are also effective on carpets and leather. First check the color fastness of the carpet or sofa in an inconspicuous place and do not scrub too hard.
Then let the cleaner work according to the manufacturer's instructions. Wash the affected area with clean water. If you don't have a special cleaner on hand, you can use the following home remedies:
- Baking soda: leave it on for a few hours after cleaning with water.
- Detergent for clothes: Then wash out very thoroughly.
- Colorless alcohol, such as vodka
Beware of unsightly edge formation: The use of distilled water can help against this. Some cleaning aids, such as baking soda, can also bleach the fabric. It is therefore essential to check it in an inconspicuous place before use. Sometimes, unfortunately, the only thing that helps is treating the whole carpet.
- Should the students get dessert at lunch at school
- What's going on with AIB these days
- How does the GST increase income tax
- How can I register online
- Which force is the most important
- What ruined your dream job
- Donald Trump is a real estate investor
- How can a chiropractor help with scoliosis
- Who makes Insignia TVs
- It is wrong to smell a lot of bleach
- What is the cervix cerclage
- What does the future of Warren Buffett's look like?
- What is the typical Cuban breakfast
- What African animals are kosher
- Is Donald Trump really against the establishment
- How do you describe Iranian society
- Is it safe in San Diego?
- Which is almost inevitable
- What are INFJs no good
- What are moving costs
- Kill old people
- When can the loss of tax losses backfire?
- Older men always use younger girls
- What is the natural equivalent of methamphetamine
- How is the consulting industry disrupted
- Donald Trump was democratically elected
- What is GTA V Multiplayer
- Are Cubans Spanish
- How are the internships at Kalasalingam University
- Why do bananas smell so bad
- What will happen if we ban gambling?
- What is cultural identity 1
- How good is Dubai for programming jobs
- Is chartered accountancy a good job