What are bacteriophages
What are bacteriophages or phages?
The bacteriophages were discovered in 1917 by the French microbiologist Felix d'Herelle. Through his research he recognized the effect against pathogenic bacteria and suggested using these bacteriophages for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
In the 1930s, many laboratories and pharmaceutical companies began developing and manufacturing bacteriophages for medical use.
However, the discovery of the antibiotic in the 1930s lost interest in bacteriophages, as antibiotics kill all microbes and antibiotics were easier to make than the bacteriophage products. Therefore phage therapy is forgotten.
Only a few scientific centers in Eastern Europe continued their work with the bacterial viruses.
With the emergence of multi-residue germs, the interest in bacteriophages has increased again.
Which infections could bacteriophages treat?
Bacteriophages are used in adults and children in Eastern Europe to prevent and treat the following diseases:
• bacterial infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (enterocolitis, gastroenterocolitis, salmonellosis, shigellosis, dysbacteriosis, etc.);
• bacterial diseases of the ears, oral cavity, throat, bronchi and lungs (otitis, stomatitis, periodontitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, angina, tracheitis, bronchitis, pleurisy, pneumonia, etc.);
• bacterial eye disease (conjunctivitis, keratoconjunctivitis, etc.);
• surgical infections (treatment of surgical and infected wounds, abscesses, phlegmon, boils, carbuncles, etc.)
• Ligament wounds
• Genitourinary infections (cystitis, urethritis, colpitis, pyelonephritis, etc.).
Bacteriophages are used both independently and in combination with other antibacterial agents.
Phage therapy is particularly useful if the pathogen bacterium is resistant to antibiotics and if the patient is intolerant to antibiotics.
In Eastern Europe, bacteriophages are administered in liquid form. The bacteriophages are applied to the infected areas by application, rinsing or inlets.
- Why do films never make me cry?
- What facilities should a hotel require
- How to cook pho broth faster
- Has a teacher ever destroyed your life
- How are dishwashers cleaned
- What causes the Nigerian culture of cheating
- The rich have a better life
- Which industries are hiring scientific programmers?
- Why do cheap jeans smell so bad
- What are some typical French clothes
- MyCAMS direct mutual funds are good
- Should I start eating meat?
- What is your MBTI 1
- Is Andorra worth a visit
- Why does God not like marriage and divorce
- What is your policy regarding immigration
- What difficulties do nurses have
- How does the instinct feel?
- Why do I hate high school
- Does the truth exist with a capital letter T.
- What are typical Cuban dishes
- What should everyone know about breakups
- Why is Bjoerk considered a genius
- Was Prince mixed race
- What is IT recruiting
- How did kaengurus develop their pouch
- Can be a newbie and a second date
- Are minority rights respected in Portugal?
- Is crypto currency better than cash
- What is kurtosis
- What are some examples of bullets
- How will the virtual currency change in 2011?
- Why do we have to cook food