Tech companies lay off older employees
Digitization and older employees: you won't leave anyone behind
Digitization has not been a foreign word for a long time. But so high on the
Company priority list settled as it is now, the topic has probably never been. Because
The relevance of is particularly within the corona crisis and also in the period after the first wave, in which one should limit interpersonal contact on site as much as possible digital concepts also arrived at the companies that have so far fought against it with all fours.
Those who don't have digital company DNA these days find it difficult to keep their business alive. For many companies, however, installing and adopting digital structures is a major hurdle. Older employees in particular are not known to throw their arms in the air and start cheering when it comes to digitization. In the article, we explain how you can take the entire workforce with you on the digital journey.
The first big "W": Why is that so?
The questions "Why do I have to change something in my work when everything is already working out?", "What are the digital structures doing to me and my way of working?" Or "Is it worth the effort?" are just a few examples that arise when it comes to digitization. Because the list of doubts is particular for older employees long:
It has its origin in the settled in comfort, the importance of the familiar and also the pride in the past. This comes along with a fear of the unknown.
This fear is perfectly natural, since man is simply not made for change from the ground up. Every small renewal always costs energy and both the human brain and the whole organism are primarily geared towards saving energy. So it is quite normal that despite all the opportunities that digitization offers, people first ask themselves whether learning in the new system is really worthwhile.
The second “W”: Why does this have to be changed?
However, these hurdles must be overcome. Because when the employees go out
of the older generation being laid off or left a company
say goodbye, a large area of knowledge from many years of experience goes with them
and expertise lost. This is a loss of knowledge that younger employees, who feel at home in the digital media landscape, cannot make up for. Both worlds, that of the older as well as that of the younger workforce, have to be be connected to each other. The mixture of absolute industry professionals and creative digital natives represent the fundamental strengths of every company and should also be used together so that in the end they merge as a team, in which, however, each individual notices: "I am important".
EXTRA: Generational conflict in the workplace: Problems with Gen Y & Z? [Study]
Digital compass: 3 tips with which nobody gets lost on the journey to digitization
1. The here and now: Start with an analysis of the current situation
In order to give each individual a role in which he or she feels important, the current internal company structures be x-rayed. The best way to do this is to turn to experts and get advice from employees who know the existing digital process inside out. With their help, you can find out which employees are already digitization pioneers and who still needs support. Thus, the weaknesses as well as the strengths can be recorded.
2: Crystal-clear facade: creating understanding with process transparency
When you get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the team, you can
decide at which corners to start and which gaps need to be filled.
On the way to a seamless digital structure in which everyone pulls together
and stand behind it, it is important to show employees every single step on the journey. So you should get understandable insights into every single stopover.
3. Include the people behind them through workshops and coaching
In addition to the as-is analysis and process transparency, this is right at the top of the relevance list
to state that people need to feel supported. Both
Workshops as well as personal discussions with Digitization coaches for use
But this offer should not be a privilege for employees alone
who have difficulty.
But also the people who can already take safe steps on the digital solid floor should continue to be supported and given the chance to grow further.
- Are you a collectivist or an individualist
- How can I download music albums
- Can humans and animals make babies?
- Is Melania Trump equal to Donald Trumps
- What are signs of emotional issues
- What do the Iraqis think of the Iranians
- Who invented the modern world
- Which states have the best Mexican food
- Can we really measure GDP?
- How long do the social security funds last
- Blowjob is safe
- How do I make olive oil soap
- How do the Greeks pronounce the name Cassiopeia?
- What does BTK mean in BTK Killer
- Can a 19 year old travel alone
- How would you improve an omelette recipe
- Is GPA important for summer internships
- Why is Wikipedia banned in China
- Is CBD Oil Legal In India
- How do you impress a French girl
- What are some housewarming gift ideas
- Will the economy recover?
- Count online relationships for personal interaction
- Do you like the person you have become
- What is life like before children are born
- What is a tax address register
- Day care centers should have cameras
- Volunteer firefighters are paid
- Will the narcissist have a healthy relationship
- What is your favorite obscenity
- What is the pass mark of SAT
- Somebody put Latuda and Wellbutrin together
- How do I stop being obsessed with kpop
- How can I do a feasibility study