How is the Canon EOS 200D camera
In the test: the Canon EOS 200D
Canon first integrated the new 24-megapixel sensor with integrated "Dual Pixel CMOS AF" (DPAF) for fast live-view and video autofocus into the mid-range SLREOS 80D in March 2016. It is now gradually available in cheaper cameras; in the SLR range initially for the EOS 77D and 800D and now also for the somewhat cheaper EOS 200D. The absolute entry-level model EOS 1300D, on the other hand, still has to get by with the older 18 megapixel sensor without DPAF.
In the test field, the Pentax K-70 is also equipped with a hybrid AF, whereas the Nikon SLRs only use a slower contrast AF in live view.
The EOS 200D is slightly larger and heavier than its predecessor, the EOS 100D, but is still very compact and light for an SLR camera. It is now much better in the hand - mainly because of the larger handle.
The EOS 100D already had a touchscreen, but the 200D can now - as with most of the cameras in the test - fold out and swivel. There is also a matching selfie mode with portrait optimization and touch shutter release. The view through the viewfinder reveals the class-typical restrictions: As with its predecessor, the view is not too large and only covers 95 percent of the recorded image.
Switching between the nine AF areas is a bit cumbersome by pressing the AF area selection button and selecting with the four-rocker or the front dial. If you want to switch between single AF and servo AF, you have to put down the camera and make the selection via the monitor, as there are no corresponding ones in the viewfinder
Overlays are available.
The viewfinder autofocus is one of the weaknesses compared to the next higher models: The AF module of the EOS 200D has nine measuring fields, all of which are designed as cross-type sensors - but only for lenses up to a speed of 1: 5.6. When using teleconverters, the autofocus may not be available. The next higher EOS models EOS 800D and 77D, on the other hand, have 45 cross-type sensors, of which 9 cross-type sensors are still working at 1: 8. Even in low light, the AF of the EOS 200D is worse: Canon reports -0.5 EV, while the EOS 800D and 77D give it -3 EV.
- What should Americans know about Ivanka Trump
- How can I make life slower?
- How do marketplace websites market themselves
- How did you discipline a spoiled Goere
- What is caste discrimination
- Why do people bully others at school
- Do you play board games
- Are novels considered books
- What is the longest Harry Potter book
- Hated Sikh Gurus, Muslims and Hindus
- Who were the kings of Karnataka
- Music can change emotions
- How did AirBNB start
- Are the Netherlands a friendly country?
- What are some tourist traps to avoid
- What is the term office
- What do parents not understand about college?
- What is whole body wax
- Why do we celebrate Holi with colors
- Should we be concerned about Russian programmers
- Where should I feed those in need in Lahore
- What do poor people in Afghanistan eat
- Can the Germans understand Yiddish?
- What nutritional disorder do I have