Why was the American Revolution fought
American War of Independence
The American War of Independence was a rebellion and war in North America. It took place between 1775 and 1783. It was then that British colonies separated from Great Britain. The war broke out because Britain wanted to prevent it. The colonies won and later became the United States of America.
At that time there were several colonies of Great Britain in North America. In the Seven Years' War, a few years earlier, Great Britain had even conquered French colonies. But the war had cost a lot of money. Therefore the people in the colonies should now pay taxes so that the British King George the Third could pay his debts.
The people in the colonies, the colonists, didn't approve of this. At least they wanted to be able to do more for themselves when they were supposed to be paying taxes. The king refused. Thirteen British colonies in North America were so angry at this that they no longer wanted to trade with Britain. In protest, some residents of the city of Boston threw tea into the harbor basin, an important commodity at the time.
Finally there was a war. France helped the colonists because it had a quarrel with Britain. Great Britain in turn “bought” soldiers from Germany. In addition, not all of the colonists were on the side of the insurgents.
The war dragged on for a long time. Many areas were devastated. However, after the Battle of Yorktown in 1781, the British Army had to surrender. A peace was then negotiated for two years. The thirteen colonies became free. Residents who did not like this fled to the remaining British colonies that later became Canada.
Five men were asked to come up with a text on behalf of the revolutionaries: The Declaration of Independence.
The Hall of Independence is in Philadelphia. Something like that looked like the room in which they met.
Blacks also fought against the British. They were promised their freedom to do so, but this was usually not kept later.
In 1779: A British governor, Henry Hamilton, surrendered to the revolutionary troops.
There are also other search results for "American Revolutionary War" from Blind Cow and Ask Finn.
- What do you think is rude
- How many ethnic races in India
- Who brought Christianity to America
- Why are our parents so boring
- Why is patience important when investing
- What are the career prospects for finance doctorates
- Why do the Chinese think they are smart?
- Will our generation ever retire?
- RAM is a temporary memory
- What is a TubeRank Jeet
- Have members of Capitol Hill bodyguards
- Where is Japantown in New York
- How important is an internship in chemical engineering
- How did Walt Disney get famous
- What do you like about your home
- You can try to get 1k upvotes
- Can someone complete two correspondence courses together?
- Can young people live without smartphones?
- What problems will the next generation have?
- What makes Dassault Rafale so special
- Which glasses contact prescription represents legal blindness
- How did you think babies were born
- How to avoid eye contact, of course
- Which countries are currently ruled by dictatorships?