What are some edible lip balms
Lavender lip balm - natural care and fragrance for chapped lips 662 53
Dry and chapped lips feel uncomfortable and you can reach for lip balm sticks in no time. The selection in the supermarket and pharmacy is inexhaustible - from cheap mineral oil-based grease pencils to very high-priced products in all possible color and flavor variations. The problem is that while many of the ingredients may help in the short term, they will dry out your lips in the long run.
With a homemade, natural lip care routine, you have full control over the choice of ingredients. In this post, I'll show you how you can create a much healthier and more nourishing lip balm from just three ingredients.
Make lavender lip balm
This recipe is one of my favorites because it combines the healing properties and wonderful aroma of lavender. It is particularly suitable for very dry, sensitive and irritated lips. The intense aroma is simply unmistakable and has a calming effect, both on the skin and on the soul. In addition, the lavender has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects and stimulates the self-healing process of the skin, which is why it is also recommended for very chapped and chapped lips.
The following ingredients are required for the lip balm:
You can find out how to make lavender oil in this post.
This is how you do it:
- Put coconut oil, lavender oil and beeswax in a glass and heat in a water bath until the beeswax has completely melted.
- Let a few drops cool on a chilled plate to check the consistency. If it is too firm, add a little oil, if it is liquid, add beeswax.
- Take the glass out of the water bath, add the essential oil and stir.
- Fill in the finished lip balm, let it cool down and enjoy its nourishing effect.
This lip balm can be kept for a few months. If you want to extend its shelf life, it is advisable to add a few drops of tocopherol (vitamin E oil).
Have you ever made lip balm yourself? What are your favorite recipes? Leave your experiences and tips in the comments!
You can also find more tips and recipes for homemade body care products in our book tip:
Maybe you are also interested in these subjects:
- Why don't the Chinese smile very often
- Who can tell me about Australia
- How do I cancel a dispute
- What screams, I'm fun-loving
- What do the Chinese think of France?
- Why do we have to blame others
- What are techniques to cure digestive problems
- Is new music deeper than before
- How can I always be motivated
- Are noodles considered unhealthy compared to rice?
- What makes things easy or difficult
- What is the classification of label spread
- What is 4 4 4 1 1
- Better is Modi or Rahul Gandhi
- Which areas are a good investment in Chicago
- A trader needs a warehouse
- Why should cities reduce food waste
- Why do some people hold a grudge
- Why are fencing swords flexible
- What's your worst parenting mistake
- What are the best good morning wishes
- Why did France give up Algeria
- What is life like after failure
- Can we eat onions and tomatoes together?