What does a triathlon consist of
What is the Ironman Triathlon made of?
The Ironman triathlon emerged in the late 1970s as part of a debate about what type of athlete would be most suitable: swimmer, cyclist, or runner. John Collins, an American naval officer based in Hawaii, and his wife Judy came up with the idea of combining existing endurance events of swimming, cycling, and running. The Ironman website will refer to the winner as an "Ironman".
The first event in the Ironman triathlon is a 2.4 mile swim. This is the distance of the Waikiki Roughwater, one of the existing events that John and Judy Collins wanted to incorporate into their triathlon.
To go biking
Cycling is the second event in the Ironman Triathlon, immediately after the swimming part of the race. The Around Oahu cycling race, which was originally a two-day event, is the basis for the cycling portion of the triathlon - although the Ironman contenders have to complete the route on the same day.
Marathons are running events around the world - but only for triathlons are the 26.2 miles added as the last event of the race. John and Judy Collins wanted to add the length of the Honolulu marathon to end their Ironman event, which is a total of 140.6 miles.
Participants have 17 hours to finish the triathlon once they hit the water in the morning by the time they cross the marathon finish line. Most races start at 7am, so the race ends at midnight. The swimming portion of the workout is only open for two hours and 20 minutes. If racers remaining in the water after this time are disqualified, the Beginner Triathlete website will warn. The triathletes then have 10 hours and 30 minutes to complete the 112 miles of cycling and the remaining 17 hours to complete the running segment.
In 2006 the Ironman 70.3 was introduced as a shorter version of the triathlon race. The events are the same, but the distances for each are cut in half: participants swim 1.2 miles, cycle 56 miles, and run a 13.1 mile half marathon.
- What is a Science Olympiad
- Why do Mexicans have so much money
- What if PTSD is left untreated
- What are some Common Chinese Symbols
- What are we going to school
- How much did Baahubali cost
- Did Christianity weaken the Roman Empire?
- Why should people do difficult things
- How do you generate traffic with Instagram
- What is social democracy in simple terms
- How do you start at an agency?
- What vintage things are you collecting right now
- What makes software developers so confident
- The economy in Dubai is slowing down
- Is the marketing field good for mechanical engineers
- How can empaths find true love
- Why should we help a person in need?
- How would you describe London
- Are Chinese women submissive to their husbands?
- Is it safe to consume raw milk during pregnancy?
- What is the best pc laptop maker
- What is the purpose of the mortar
- How does the stock affect the currency
- Singapore is experiencing a real estate bubble