What are smartphones used for?
What people around the world use their smartphones for
Apple's iPhone first hit stores more than a decade ago, changing the way people interact with their phones. The number of smartphone users worldwide is expected to be over three billion this year, and smartphone usage has grown tremendously over the years.
Note: Activate the subtitles in the lower right corner of the player while watching the videos.
Mohammed Hamrouch, Syria
In Syria, a member of the White Helmets uses his smartphone to document the work of the first responders and to bring the wounded to safety after attacks.
In Myanmar, Buddhist monk Wunnita uses his phone to communicate with relatives and learn religious scriptures.
Tight Alexis, Mexico
Tight Alexis is on his way from Honduras to the United States. In Mexico, he uses his smartphone to keep in touch with the family he left behind on the way to his American dream.
Qiao Xi, China
Qiao Xi is a 21-year-old Chinese live streamer who considers her smartphone to be her boyfriend. She sings, dances and speaks to over 600,000 followers via Huoshan, a Chinese live stream platform that mainly works on smartphones. (Isabella Scholda, Julia Gruber, November 16, 2018)
- Can Hong Kong have a rest
- Are nationalism and internationalism compatible?
- Can Romanians understand Latin
- Why do people prefer cash
- What kind of relationships last a long time
- Accents are distinguishable in all languages
- How are math and art related?
- What do foreigners now know about China
- The apostle Paul was married
- What causes the Nigerian culture of cheating
- Does your son like magic
- Forgive Steve Wozniak Steve Jobs
- What is Adobe Campaign Manager
- How many British expatriates are there worldwide
- What is the extreme happiness in life
- What kind of food do Bhutanese eat
- How do consulting firms work
- What's your best worst childhood memory
- Couples become competitive in a relationship
- What is the best PlayStation VR bundle
- What decision ruined your life
- Gay people can turn straight
- What do lawyers do for family law
- What do incel think of feminists