What does smoking actually do with meat?
Diet also matters when it comes to smoking
Are you a Smoker? Or would you like to become a non-smoker? In both cases, your diet also plays a role. You may have heard before that smoking affects your diet and the supply of nutrients to your body. But did you know that the way you eat can also influence your smoking habits?
Harmful - I know!
Every child knows that the blue haze is harmful to health. Our airways and lungs are damaged, the cardiovascular system suffers and the skin changes. Everyone has probably heard of these negative influences.
But smoking is an addiction and it is not easy to quit. You cannot eliminate the risks, but you can influence the level of risk. Just because you have a vice doesn't mean you have to neglect preventive health care, for example through a balanced diet.
There is no need for a lack of vital substances through smoking
Because smoking consumes or destroys many vital substances, a smoker has a greater need for nutrients than a non-smoker.
If you want to provide your body with as many nutrients as possible, you can achieve this largely through fruit and vegetables. It is best to use fresh products, preferably from the region and as often as possible raw. Long transport routes or storage significantly reduce the vitamin and mineral content. Processed foods also have a lower content; a large part is lost when heated, soaked and peeled.
For the supply of vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids, the consumption of high-quality oils is important, such as olive, rapeseed, walnut, sesame or soybean oil. They have a positive influence on the cholesterol level.
Smoking often causes bronchial congestion. Drinking a lot brings relief. Dairy products can make such mucus worse. Consumption should therefore be restricted or avoided. But be careful, dairy products also provide important nutrients; the supply must be ensured from other sources. Particular attention should be paid to the calcium supply. Legumes, dates, nuts, grains, leafy green vegetables, leeks, peas, and carrots can serve as alternative sources.
Make sure you have a balanced acid-base balance. This is promoted by only consuming small amounts of meat, avoiding white flour and refined sugar and eating fish more often.
Keep an eye on your blood lipid and cholesterol levels through regular visits to the doctor. A major disadvantage of smoking is the increase in these values, which in the long term have fatal consequences for the cardiovascular system.
A rule of thumb is to eat a versatile diet. First and foremost vegetables and fruit, but also cereal products, dairy products, legumes, fish and, in small amounts, meat, eggs and high-quality fats. Not to forget: Herbs and spices also provide important nutrients.
How large the nutrient deficit becomes due to cigarette consumption depends, among other things, on how long you have been smoking and how old you are. Older people, regardless of whether they are smokers or non-smokers, are generally less able to utilize nutrients, but the longer they smoke, the greater the deficit. So it's never too late to stop.
Vital substances in the form of dietary supplements are not always an alternative. Under certain circumstances, they can do more harm than good. It is therefore essential to discuss this with your doctor beforehand, especially if you take medication regularly.
And what if I stop
You don't need to convince anyone that there are health benefits to quitting smoking. But many then fear gaining weight. Does it have to be that way? Understanding why you gain weight makes it easier to prevent.
- Smoking numbs your taste and olfactory nerves, if you quit smoking they will recover. Be prepared for hunger and appetite to become more noticeable.
- It is also a fact that your metabolism changes, which results in fewer calories being burned every day.
- Do not eat more than you did before and take special care not to eat more fatty and sugary foods. Take your time while eating and ensure a variety of flavors. With pleasure, one often eats less and more healthily than in a hurry.
- And did you know that fruits, vegetables and dairy products make cigarettes taste more unpleasant? Eating healthily does not help you relapse.
- Drink more, preferably low-calorie beverages such as mineral water or fruit spritzers. Your body will be detoxified and the feeling of hunger will be reduced.
- Alcohol is not only a problem because the loss of control makes it easier to reach for a cigarette, alcoholic beverages are also very high in calories. Just like coffee and meat, it also increases the desire for cigarettes. If you do not use alcohol in the early stages of quitting, you will make it easier to quit and reduce the risk of weight gain.
Don't let weight gain discourage you. A few pounds more on the scales is definitely healthier than reaching for a cigarette again.
A healthy diet is always a good way to support your body's health, regardless of whether you are a smoker or non-smoker.
We have also summarized other tips for you to quit smoking.
- Which mechanical engineering companies use Creo
- Are Dell laptops reliable
- What facilities is Singapore Airport equipped with
- How are pedestrians responsible for traffic accidents
- What are the UK's most popular former colonies
- Are chemtrails part of a conspiracy theory
- What does history teach us?
- Are walkers who push babies around safely
- How many Germans were expelled after the Second World War
- Are Pewdiepie and Marzia married
- What can we learn from teenagers
- What is the tastiest English dish
- How do you start an export business
- What are you tired of hearing
- When you meditate what is your mantra
- When should you do a code review?
- How important is honesty to you in particular
- Which industrial countries have never been colonized?
- How programmers earn 200,000 salaries
- Are old people better than young people
- What is the purpose of software development
- How is population control implemented
- What screams in Bavarian in Austrian
- The Greeks are descendants of North Africans
- Why doesn't Quora show my activity
- When and how was Bluetooth invented
- What are digital currencies
- How can I whiten my vagina
- Which video game defines your life
- Have you ever met a famous actor?
- How does Canadian goose taste
- How do you say delicious in Italian
- How old is the Vietnamese culture
- How is it not safe in China