Which countries do not have fluorinated water?
Germany decides against fluoridation of drinking water
When salt or drinking water is fluoridated, the food in question is not enriched with pure fluorine, but with a fluorine compound such as calcium fluoride.According to the World Health Organization WHO, fluoride concentrations of up to 1 ppm represent effective protection against dental caries. The unit ppm means “parts per million” - converted to one liter of drinking water, this would correspond to one microgram or 0.001 g fluorine.
In countries with drinking water fluoridation, various studies have shown that the incidence of tooth decay in the population has decreased by 50 to 60. This can be a result of the direct contact of fluorine with tooth enamel. However, some experts also attribute the effect to the incorporation of fluorine into the germs of the teeth, i.e. to the increased fluoridation of teeth in the development stage. However, opponents of drinking water fluoridation not only reject the forced medication of the entire population, but also fear undesirable side effects.
More cases of fluorosis are already occurring in countries with drinking water fluoridation.This term summarizes various symptoms that can result from too much fluorine. In the case of dental fluorosis or dental fluorosis, too much fluorine can lead to whitish or brownish tooth discolouration - around 40 percent of teenagers in the USA are more or less affected. If the fluoride concentration in the body is far too high, the fluorosis is not only unsightly, but also harmful to dental health, as it weakens the resistance of the tooth enamel.
However, fluorine is not only stored in tooth enamel, but also in bones and many other tissues. It changes various enzymes in the body, and too high a fluorine concentration can affect the immune system, blood circulation, respiratory system, liver and kidneys, and brain functions. The beneficial effects on the frequency of caries are therefore counteracted by many toxic and even more unclear modes of action. Fluoride is demonstrably carcinogenic in higher concentrations and is increasingly associated with brain dysfunction such as dementia or ADHD (attention disorder, poor concentration, hyperactivity).
The effects of fluoride or drinking water fluoridation have not been fully researched and clarified. But already today many scientists see a connection between too much fluoride in the organism andDeclining intelligence, disorders of the hormonal system, bone loss, a higher tendency to fracture bones and thyroid dysfunction. It is therefore not an exaggerated, but rather appropriate caution to continue to refrain from fluoridation of drinking water in Germany.
- What is borrowed consumption in the economy
- What should i do after msc math
- What is the US tax rate
- Why is a visa not approved?
- Why do people cry over sad films
- Is life all about fate?
- What are some traditional Berlin dishes
- Are chartered accountant jobs easy or difficult
- How proud you are of your country
- How did you get a sugar baby
- Why would anyone crave baked beans?
- What is GTA V Multiplayer
- What is the color of the Russian people
- What is good psychotherapy
- How did you let someone down
- Are teenagers over-medicated
- Where can I find an electrician in Sydney
- How is inpatient rehab
- Should I buy Turkish lira now?
- What are the divisions of Alphabet Inc.
- Do you feel that the teachers are underpaid?
- Can I attract investors to my business?
- Must New Zealand stop immigration
- What makes a good vampire story