Why is Singapore so humid
Best time to travel to Singapore
Our travel experts provide an overview of the seasons and the best time to travel.
Due to its geographic location in Southeast Asia and the tropical climate, Singapore remains hot and humid all year round. The seasonal differences are therefore small, and therefore the best travel time cannot be clearly determined from a climatic point of view; Accordingly, tourists travel to Singapore all year round.
Nevertheless, the festive months from July to September should be emphasized. This time of year is considered a great time to explore the many facets of Singapore, especially in July when the Great Singapore Sale takes place and the Singapore Food Festival is held: a celebration of local culinary traditions.
The months of February to April are also varied and are considered by some to be the best time to travel. There are many outdoor activities available and a number of cultural and traditional festivals coincide with this time.
The wettest months are between November and January. This is the monsoon season, when the temperatures are always warm, but prolonged rain showers can occur. The hottest months are May and June, as temperatures rise to over 35 ° C.
The monsoon season is at its peak, so expect heavy rains! Average temperatures are around 25 ° C and rainfall can be up to 250 mm during this month. So rainwear is a must! So, if you're traveling to Singapore in January, plan on doing plenty of indoor activities.
- Visit the glittering shopping temples on Orchard Street. Find Singapore's Best Shops Here!
In this month the amount of precipitation is already much lower than in January. It is warm, the daytime temperatures are around 28 ° C
- Taste delicious creations in Michelin-starred restaurants such as Odette, Labyrinth and Candlenut
- Take a guided tour of Fort Canning Park for a glimpse into the history of the country. With a little luck, a performance or concert will take place in the park.
March is the best time to travel to Singapore, as the northeast monsoons are now coming to an end. At just under 30 ° C, the temperatures are still quite pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities.
- Visit Marina Bay, which has a lot to offer with its great restaurants, shops, water parks and museum.
Weather conditions are similar to March - expect hot and humid climates.
- Explore the fairytale landscape of Gardens by the Bay, enjoy the spectacular light show in the evening and don't miss the indoor waterfall
This is one of the warmest months in Singapore with average temperatures above 30 ° C.
- Cool off in the hot weather in the city's green oasis, the Botanical Garden
The weather conditions are similar to May: warm temperatures with high humidity.
- If it gets too hot outside, why not visit one of the numerous museums (it is pleasantly cool there, thanks to the air conditioning!). You can even see dinosaur fossils in the Natural History Museum!
Now the southwest monsoon sets in - it is rainy season again. As in previous months, the temperatures were around 30 ° C.
- Shop till you drop at the Great Singapore Sale. The prices usually tumble in June and July.
- Treat your taste buds to the Singapore Food Festival, usually held in July.
The weather conditions are quite similar to those of the previous months, the climate remains hot and humid. The amount of precipitation increases slightly,
- Hop on the Singapore Flyer, the world's largest Ferris wheel, for breathtaking panoramic views of the city
- Visit the first street food stand to be awarded a Michelin star and try the literally award-winning Chicken Journey at Liao Fan Hawker Chan!
Even though autumn begins, temperatures remain unchanged. Unfortunately, you have to expect a little rain!
- Visit the world of toucans, turacos, owls and macaws at Jurong Bird Park or visit the Singapore Zoo
- Don't forget to eat Singapore's famous chili crab - the queen of all crab dishes!
October is exactly between the two monsoons and is a good month to travel to Singapore. The temperatures rise and are now well above 30 ° C.
- Visit temples, sample Indian food, and do some shopping in Little India. During the festival of Diwali, the streets of Little India are beautifully lit!
- There is plenty of action for adults and children at Universal Studios - here you will find exciting rides based on popular films such as Transformers and Jurassic Park.
The northeast monsoons bring a lot of rain, after all, with average temperatures around 25 ° C, it cools down a bit.
- Visit Chinatown with its shopping opportunities, street food stands and traces of over 200 years of history.
- Explore Sentosa Island with its natural beaches, coastal and bike paths, theme parks, nature reserves, shopping areas, fine dining, and much more!
A lot of rain is to be expected at this time of year, December is one of the rainiest months. Keep in mind that Christmas and New Years are very busy and book well in advance. Unfortunately, queuing in front of the most popular attractions cannot be avoided.
- Stroll down Orchard Road, where fantastic shopping experiences and gourmet restaurants await.
- Visit the neon-lit bars, exquisite restaurants and boutiques, and the vibrant nightclubs on popular Clark Quay
- Which newspapers do you read regularly?
- Why is the government selling Air India
- What is biodiversity
- Which boxes fall under SC ST
- When did the Middle Ages begin?
- Why is Tom Cruise so popular
- Why don't men read love books anymore?
- Does anyone like solitude
- What's the problem with food waste
- What does INFJ
- How painful is an ear lobe piercing
- What is an emo person
- What causes underemployment
- Why do I yawn excessively
- What behavior of employees makes a hostile workplace
- What is your favorite candy
- Hates El Paso Texas Donald Trump
- What makes a lazy teacher?
- How was your most sketchy workplace
- Which is better CFA or MBA
- Website design recommendations
- America is a hateful country
- How are Russians treated in Germany
- How do I start a mall