Why don't recruiters care about contractors
Is it a good idea to use recruiters to find jobs in the software industry?
Yes No. Getting a job is your first priority, and the channel doesn't matter.
The ideal position of a recruiter is to profitably place a suitable candidate and to satisfy the customer so that he can be called for the next round of hiring. You are interested in finding a job that pays you well and develops your skills for your next job. The company's interest is in using you and your skills to make more than it costs them to recruit and pay you, perhaps to the point where they need to hire more people. And these interests can play against each other.
Some recruiters are terrible and just want to make money fast. In my experience, they come from large recruiting businesses that regularly churn and burn recruits. That hurts client companies and candidates. They'll cut salaries to get the internship, or take a large cut in salary as a fee, or hire an inappropriate candidate to get the job done quickly. However, some recruiters (especially 1 or 2 person boutique recruiters) want to build a strong brand so that they are more likely to work in the best interests of the client company and the candidate.
Some companies are terrible. They say they want to hire someone, but they often post jobs to signal their competitors that they are successful. Other companies want employees to join but have inappropriate performance expectations. If they get a candidate who doesn't immediately walk on the water who heals the sick and raises the dead, they will fire the candidate. This is where recruiters are valuable. To use a recruiter, a company must pay 20% of the applicant's salary as a fee. The only companies that use recruiters are those that are well capitalized. And when they spend that much money hiring you, they have a confirmation bias in your favor and you have more time to update yourself. Applying through a recruiter will limit your search to companies that are able and willing to pay a decent wage.
- How was Zimbabwe colonized
- How is VidMate
- Why is Bjoerk considered a genius
- Why does Italy have high youth unemployment
- What is industrial urbanization
- What does the STQC certification cost
- The Greeks are descendants of North Africans
- Why are the French rioting against Macron
- What is the Best Free Online Bible
- What is life a struggle or a joy
- How does a motorcycle work
- Why can't science be a religion?
- Why is vodka so popular in Russia
- Have you ever canceled Christmas
- What are some of the best perfumes
- Are the Bible years the same as ours?
- Jogging makes people look older
- How did the term command come about?
- Rich people pay off their mortgages
- How good is Oxford University for Indians
- What is a light breakfast
- You can see mutual connections on LinkedIn
- What year did Paul McCartney look best?
- Was President Trump's tax cut unreasonably regressive