What lived on Pangea
The continental floes drifted further apart, huge areas of the country were flooded: One of the largest floods in the history of the earth took place, which flooded large parts of Europe, the Middle East and the Sahara. At the end of the Cretaceous Period, however, Africa, Madagascar, the Indian suburbs, Australia, South America, North America and Greenland had largely their present-day contours. Due to the continental drift, large mountains unfolded: parts of the Alps, the Andes and the Rocky Mountains were formed.
In contrast to the previous period, the weather was now cooler and more rainy. However, the overall climate remained so warm that there were still no ice caps on the poles. During the Upper Cretaceous it became warmer again. The first flowering plants began to develop during the Cretaceous period, including beeches, birches, plane trees, oaks, figs, magnolias and maples. At the same time, this development also led to an unfolding of pollinating insects. While sea turtles and large dinosaurs continued to live in the water, tooth-bearing bird species (Hesperornis) and giant flying lizards (pterosaurs) had to share the airspace. Towards the end of the Cretaceous Period, the giant appeared Pteranodon on, a pterosaur with a wingspan of up to 7 m and another pterosaur by name Quetzalocoatlus, which may have had a wingspan of up to 12 m. The dinosaurs also developed larger and larger species. Both the giant one lived in the Upper Cretaceous Tyrannosaurus rex, which, with a length of up to 15 m, a height of 6 m and a weight of 7 t, is considered to be the largest land-dwelling carnivore of all time, as well as the Ankylosaurus, which, with a length of up to 10 m and a weight of around 3.5 t, is the largest armored dinosaur known to date.
Why was it so for training in the Cretaceous Period? gigantic shapes came, which extended over numerous groups of the animal kingdom, is not yet known. What is certain is that not only did the dinosaurs produce extremely large species, but that gigantic growth was also observed in the pterosaurs, the mussels, the ammonites (arm pods) and the belemnites (cephalopods).
The mammals developed forms of marsupials and insectivores and began their great campaign over the earth after the dinosaurs became completely extinct at the end of the Cretaceous period.
- Would Arab women go out with Turkish men?
- Who made Freddie Mercury sick?
- What if I'm good for nothing
- Economic recessions are inevitable
- Is COO higher than CFO
- Asian men like Puerto Rican women
- What are Chinese military and defense capabilities
- Why is Hawaii Democratic and Alaska Republican
- What did Obama do in 2004
- Who usually uses a virtual office
- Can America work for cheap labor
- Why does time pass faster than life
- Can narcissists ever relate to one another?
- What do you think of Chinese universities
- Who speaks a language called Mudderschproch
- Which celebrities do other celebrities feel impressed by?
- How often do you switch mortgages
- What do you think of your name
- How did fighter planes affect the First World War?
- What kind of gas is propane
- Can I design my home online
- ADHD gets worse with age
- What does it mean to enjoy life
- What if you cut your wrist