How are football players paid
The top 6 highest paid footballers in the world
Who is the highest paid footballer right now?
It is well known that footballers make a lot of money. When you're a professional footballer, you're working in one of the highest paying jobs in the world. But which footballer deserves the most? You can read more about this here in our article.
1. Lionel Messi - € 112 million
Lionel Messi is the highest-paid footballer in the 2019/2020 season. Messi earns a staggering € 112 million with his club FC Barcelona. Messi's salary is currently the highest salary in the football world. He earns € 81m at Barca and Messi earns the rest through sponsorship deals.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - 96 million euros
The number two highest paid footballer is the Portuguese Cristiano Ronaldo. The former Real Madrid superstar signed a deal with Italian record champions Juventus last summer. There he earns 57 million euros a year. Ronaldo earns less than his Argentine competitor, but earns the remaining 39 million euros from sponsorship.
3. Neymar Jr. - € 92 million
Another big earner in football today is Neymar. The Brazilian is the most expensive footballer of all time, having moved from FC Barcelona to Paris Saint Germain for € 222 million. In addition to the extremely high transfer costs, Neymar does not earn badly either. He earns 66 million euros a year. In addition, he also earns extra through sponsorship contracts: namely 26 million euros. Neymar is the third highest paid footballer with 92 million euros.
4. Gareth Bale - € 31.45 million
Welshman Gareth Bale is the number 4 highest paid footballer. While Bale's salary is much lower than Messi's, Ronaldo and Neymar's, Real Madrid's right winger certainly shouldn't be complaining. Bale earns 31 million euros annually, most of the amount he earns at Real Madrid: 26 million euros. In addition, Bale earns 5.45 million euros through sponsorship.
5. Paul Pogba - € 46.82 million
Paul Pogba places himself directly behind Gareth Bale. The midfielder earns around 26.82 million euros at Manchester United. Pogba earns the remaining millions through sponsorship deals, including with one of the largest sports brands in the world, Adidas. Pogba has a 5-year contract with Adidas, in which he earns a total of 20 million euros.
6. Kylian Mbappé - € 30.5 million
Number 6 on this list is again a French, namely Kylian Mbappé. He is a future star player and is paid for it in Paris Saint Germain as well. The attacker receives 26.5 million euros annually and supplements this with income from sponsorship contracts amounting to 4 million euros. With a total of 30.5 million euros, Mbappé already earned a gigantic amount at the age of 21.
- Hong Kong taxis take US dollars
- Do our dreams represent something
- Do you know a multi-talent
- Where do journalists get their ideas from?
- What does Bangladesh need
- What makes a smart student
- Sniffing gas causes permanent brain damage
- Are the Turks white
- What is SEZ Akt
- Is Russia powerful enough to punish Turkey?
- What is CRM support
- Why do foreigners marry Filipino women
- What inspired the TV show Dexter
- Which country has the most aerospace companies
- Which country is Britain's enemy
- What does Ara mean in K-Pop
- How often do you listen to music
- How much does Facebook pay its employees
- How to make an Io game
- How does a vagina taste and smell?
- What was the biggest tornado in Alabama
- Which moving company should be your choice
- Love bites are possessive
- Which painter should I choose?