Did you help someone today?
bail someone out
From Wiktionary, the free dictionaryJump to navigationJump to search
bailing someone out (German) 
- everybody can bail out
- IPA: [ˈjeːmandm̩ aʊ̯s deːɐ̯ ˈpat͡ʃə ˈhɛlfn̩]
- Audio samples: bail someone out (Info)
-  to help someone out of a predicament, an emergency; cleverly end someone's uncomfortable position
Sense releated words:
-  playing the fire brigade, filling the gaps, saving the situation for someone, jumping in for someone, jumping into the breach, throwing yourself in the breach, helping someone out of a fix, saving someone's ass, getting someone out of the line of fire, cramming someone out, tear someone out
-  Just make it worse, let someone down, let someone down, leave someone alone with something, be unavailable, do nothing, remain inactive
-  I've seen you many times bailed outIf you got broken down with your car, you can do something for me now.
-  I have my boss bailed outbecause I made myself available when there was a staff shortage.
-  I'm sorry, but I can't see you today to help somebody out of a bad situationEven if three colleagues are sick today: You have to look for someone else.
-  'Why is Gundula not there?' - Oh dear, that was probably the wrong question, there was an icy silence immediately. Luckily helped Robert me out of trouble and without further ado declared the buffet open.
-  "Listen, if you are my old woman this time bail out, you have something good with me when I'm out again. "
References and further information:
-  Saying index "bailing someone out"
-  Duden online "Patsche", meaning 4 with example
-  Hans Schemann: German Idiomatics. Dictionary of German idioms in context, Berlin / Boston ²2011, p. 609
-  Heinz Küpper: Dictionary of German colloquial language. In: Digital library. 1st edition. 36, Directmedia Publishing, Berlin 2006, ISBN 3-89853-436-7, keyword "Patsche"
- Why did Ian Curtis commit suicide
- What is the most boring activity you can imagine
- What is real wealth
- Combat tactics What is a move
- How can salt not be kosher?
- What are ISFP shortcomings
- American women like Indian men
- Which meat smoking method is most efficient?
- Loose underwear is better for male health
- Find a millionaire husband
- What did your grandparents always say?
- Why is Allah afraid of apostates
- What are some examples of great code
- Like Mexicans, Americans
- Should CNA be tested for health problems
- Which country has the most ambassadors?
- Are loyal to Mohajir's MQM or Pakistan
- Which country in Europe has the best cuisine
- Do you get smart when you work very hard
- What does gross salary mean
- Why is haircut so expensive in the US
- Should expats pay taxes
- What unemployment rate is considered high?
- Is catfish allowed for Muslims to eat