How can I register a trademark internationally
According to the protocol to the Madrid Trademark Agreement (PMMA), a trademark that has already been applied for or registered nationally can be registered in the international register upon application and thus protection in the named countries can be claimed ("application for international registration"). The application must be submitted to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) via the DPMA.
Submission to the DPMA is also possible electronically and without a signature.
- If you have a Application for international registration If you would like to electronically submit a registered or registered German basic trade mark to the DPMA, please first fill out the necessary forms, save them in PDF / A format on your computer and then upload them to the online application International Registration at the DPMA. A signature is not required on the documents. Please refrain from printing out and scanning the documents. (Exception: Form MM18, see below). A leaflet on international registration via the Madrid system can be found on our trademark form pages.
The following forms are for the Application for international registration Your brand required:
You can also submit:
- If you have the Brand representation a trademark could not be inserted into the MM2 form, this can be attached to the application in PDF / A format (file name: "Trademark representation"). Please note the formal requirements in section 7 of the instructions for completing the WIPO / OMPI form.
- Claiming a seniority (European Union) - MM17: This form published by WIPO (in English or French) is required if you designate the European Union and a seniority claim.
- Declaration of Intention to Use (USA) - MM18: When naming the United States will also be a Declaration of intent to use on this form published by WIPO (English language). Please note that it is not possible to submit form MM18 without a personal signature. If necessary, you have to print it out, sign it and scan it in PDF / A format.
The fee of the DPMA for the Application for international registration (Fee number: 334 100; 180 euros) must be paid within one month of submitting the application (information on fee payment at the DPMA). If the fee is not paid on time, the application for international registration is deemed to be withdrawn (Section 6 PatKostG).
After you have saved the necessary forms on your computer (please in PDF / A format - other formats are currently not supported), you will find the online application International Registration, where you can upload the files and send them electronically to the DPMA .
- Are autistic people discriminated against?
- Which oil company is the least evil
- Newspapers are still important
- Is Wuthering Heights really a love story
- Why is an inflation rate of 4 percent considered desirable?
- India becomes the next superpower
- What is a thematic literature review
- Elizabeth Holmes will recover
- What's your new favorite thing
- Do chemists have a similar personality
- Can I marry my daughter
- Which also causes bad breath after brushing
- Can you recover from radiation burns
- Is perfect money legal in Canada
- Where does feminism end and where does misandry begin
- How can I create a personal blog
- Kissing is allowed during Ramadan
- Which country is good for Indian nurses
- What is meant by connection culture?
- Which video game defines your life
- Why do people skip breakfast
- Can you explain the consumer surplus
- How can I do a feasibility study
- A career in programming is a good thing
- What makes Filipinos different
- Why is population density important
- Are natives considered immigrants
- The Federal Reserve can be considered customary
- How am I supposed to learn old Chinese
- How wheelchair accessible are Japanese cities
- True love can brave old age
- What is the first step to wealth
- What seafood is haram in Islam
- Does minimalism hurt the economy