How can libraries be modernized?
City library after modernization: cosiness and a "library of things"
Dusty shelves with thick hams, dim light: Anyone who thinks that libraries have to look like this should make their way to Burghausen. The city library was modernized for around 180,000 euros, so August was closed. Brightness, comfortable seating, loosely lined up bookshelves: this is what the library of the future should look like.
"We want to be Burghausen's second living room," says library director Christin Moll. People shouldn't just come to borrow books, they should stay here. This has been practiced for a long time, by regular customers, newspaper readers and in the self-service café, but now there are even more comfortable sofas.
The Burghauser library has been breaking new ground for a long time: around three years ago, the sorting was switched to topics instead of authors. Even now it was cleared out again and old books, which were hardly borrowed any more, came away. It is mainly classics and non-fiction books that have been retired. That's why the "Library of Things" is to come: From now on, everyday objects can also be borrowed, starting with a slackline or an instant camera, for example. "These are things that you might need or want to try out, but not buy yourself straight away," says Christin Moll. Borrowing instead of buying everything yourself: This is not only easy on the wallet, it is also important in terms of sustainability, Moll believes. In Burghausen, items can be borrowed for two weeks against a deposit. −cts Read more about this on October 8th in the Burghauser / Alt-Neuöttinger Anzeiger.
- How serious is India's unemployment problem
- Have your parents ever bullied you?
- Are you on an emergency contact list
- What are the tech startups in Gurgaon
- Why does a man need a woman
- How do I contact TCS HR
- Can a magnet attract iron ions?
- How was your first international travel experience
- Why should I outsource to Vietnam
- Find the best chiropractic school for you
- Who owns the oil in Venezuela
- Can a CEO be fired
- How many people read books
- What are some misunderstandings about Poland
- What are the uses of saponification
- How does music affect young people
- How do the US addresses work
- Can humans become nocturnal?
- Political correctness will kill America
- Have you ever breached the confidentiality of a physician patient?
- How do structural and cyclical unemployment differ?
- How compressed is music that is played via Spotify
- Mathematical truths change over time
- Eating beetles can make dogs sick