How do I remove pet odor
Removing Pet Odors: The 5 Best Tips & Home Remedies
Anyone who has a dog or a cat knows how annoying the typical pet smell can be. Once it has gotten stuck in the home, especially on sofas, it is difficult to remove. However, there are a few ways you can get a handle on the problem. It doesn't take much and often you can even use home remedies. This article also tells you how to prevent the odor from developing.
How does the pet smell come about?
A pet's smell is not always normal. In some cases it can also be due to an illness. A visit to the vet clarifies this. Animals also have a different smell, depending on the type of food they are given. In general, however, many dogs naturally have a body odor that varies in strength depending on the breed and length of the coat. When the four-legged friend moves around the apartment, sits on the bed or couch, this smell spreads quickly. Wet dogs in particular have a very strong odor. This arises due to the natural protective mechanism of the skin of dogs. This is because a secretion is released that smells unpleasant for people. Fortunately, you don't have to put up with such a situation and there are several ways to combat pet odors. There are also a variety of home remedies that will help and that you are guaranteed to have at home.
The acidity of lemons can neutralize different odors. As a first step, it is important that you finish the surfaces, such as B. Upholstery, clean thoroughly. You can machine wash some covers or clean the surfaces with a vacuum cleaner. Then briefly boil one or two lemons in 1 liter of water. Take the mixture off the stove and let the lemon water stand overnight. The next day you can fill it in a spray bottle and spray it on the upholstery, the dog bed or, for example, carpets, leave it to work and the smell will dissipate. The advantage of lemon water is that it is gentle on various surfaces and does not attack them. If the smell is very strong, you can repeat the process.
Another suitable home remedy is shampoo. The reason for the smell is often that animals leave a film of grease on the surfaces. This can be eliminated by the shampoo. It is best to choose a product that smells particularly good. You don't have to use dog shampoo here either. Simply mix a small amount with water and then either wash the covers in it or dip a sponge and scrub surfaces or carpets with it. Shampoo is particularly gentle, even on sensitive fabrics.
Floor cleaning agents
The smell does not always settle on furniture. Soils are also affected. You can use an ordinary floor cleaner for this. These not only clean the floors, but also remove bad smelling odors. Depending on the product, these cleaning agents leave their own scent. Alternatively, you can use vinegar cleaners. Please note, however, that these cleaners have a strong vinegar odor. This evaporates quickly, but whether it is more pleasant than the animal smell depends on your own needs. An optimal alternative are odor removers, which do not just cover up the smells, but actually break them down. Especially if you have free-range animals in the house, you should use biological cleaning agents that use only natural ingredients and do not contain any toxic chemicals.
Incidentally, this does not only work with pet odors. With a special nicotine remover you can also rid a household of heavily smoking residents from the smell of smoke.
Cyclone vacuum cleaner
It is a bagless vacuum cleaner that is especially suitable for animal hair. The new technology ensures that this vacuum cleaner separates the animal hair and dust from the fine dust. In contrast to a normal model, the smells are not released back into the air after being sucked in. Instead, everything is held securely inside. Such a vacuum cleaner is also ideal for various surfaces and, in addition to carpets, can of course also be used on smooth floors. Vacuum cleaners of this type often also allow wet vacuuming. This is ideal for removing stains from animals on carpets or upholstery. This, too, often causes unpleasant smells.
If you like the smell of coffee, you can attack house door noises with coffee powder. However, this is not rubbed onto the surfaces. Instead, it is best to buy so-called coffee pods. These are small pods filled with coffee. You can then place these near the furniture or on carpets from which you want to remove the odors. Alternatively, you can put some coffee powder in a linen bag or in a bowl.
Prevent pet odor
Of course, it's best if you don't have to remove the odor in the first place. There are different ways to keep animals, especially dogs, from stinking.
- First of all, it is important that your pet takes a bath regularly. For dogs, for example, there is a special dog shampoo that also removes bad smells from the animal. But a baby shampoo is also ideal. This removes the layer of fat on the fur that is responsible for the smells. Then of course the animal must be dried well. A slight smell now and then cannot be avoided. However, with a regular bath you can prevent the smells from spreading in your home or on the surfaces.
- It is also possible to get the smells under control by changing your diet. It is important that you proceed slowly in order not to disturb the digestion of the animal. A new dry food or switching from dry to fresh food can help. Animals that eat more fresh meat generally have a less strong body odor. However, an improvement can only be seen after several weeks.
- Grooming is also important. Regular brushing not only removes dust and loose hair, but also the smell attached to them. This also prevents as much hair from getting onto your sofa or bed. In this regard, of course, adequate hygiene is also important. Especially with cats, you need to regularly remove the cat litter. To neutralize the scent notes of the animal, you can put tea leaves on the litter.
Conclusion on eliminating pet odor
This guide has shown that even if the animal smell is partially normal, there are different ways to remove it from the air, from floors or from surfaces. You can use a variety of different agents for this, almost all of which are gentle on the surfaces. In order to also prevent odors, it is important that you regularly go to the doctor with your animal, ensure a balanced and appropriate diet and do not neglect the animal's hygiene.
- How does wealth come from
- Why is Vincent van Gogh a genius
- What is it like to retire early?
- What is special about Indian food
- You have to say thank you
- The world is changing
- Can women smoke in Dubai
- How did you learn SEO
- Why do rats smell
- Why do we smell things
- Are there ATMs in Nigeria
- Why are Indonesian names so long
- Why are people so obsessed with relationships
- How realistic is the show suits
- Who can tell me about Australia
- What do the colors of the Ghana flag mean
- Are there ATMs in Nigeria
- Why the iPhone 6's battery runs out when locked
- Why is tarot reading considered bad
- Help people now
- What is the best essay writing blog
- What exactly are gospel values
- Internet piracy is forbidden in Islam
- Americans hate Great Britain