Why are chicken legs called drumsticks?
Commodity chicken thighs
If the whole chicken leg is divided in the joint, the upper and lower legs are obtained separately. The thigh then consists of the thigh bone with the adhering meat, the smaller lower leg consists of the tibia and fibula and the corresponding muscle meat. Chicken legs with a back piece are less common. Boned and skinned goods are even rarer to buy.
Use in the kitchen
After shopping, it should be noted that fresh poultry meat is quite sensitive. It is particularly known as a carrier of the dreaded salmonella. It is therefore advisable to pay attention to hygiene in the kitchen, to always cool chicken legs well and to observe the best-before date. After processing chicken legs, the cutting board and knife should always be cleaned thoroughly with hot water. In addition, like other poultry meat, the legs should always be enjoyed cooked through. When it comes to preparation, chicken legs are very versatile. The drumsticks, also known as drumsticks, can be marinated or breaded and then enjoyed fried as finger food. There are numerous variations of the preparation for the whole chicken leg or the thigh. The easiest and best known is to season the legs and cook them in the oven with other ingredients.
Preparation tips for chicken legs
Marinated chicken thighs are also great for grilling. You can also make soup from whole chicken thighs. Another option is to cook the legs in the pan. If you don't want to fry the chicken drumsticks, but rather cook them in a sauce, it is advisable to remove the skin, as it will not get crispy when braised in sauce. The same applies to steaming. If you want to do a little more work, you can also skin the clubs, detach them from the bone and fill them. Skinned, released and chopped up can also be used to prepare shredded meat. It is then a little juicier, but also richer than chicken breast strips.
More pictures of chicken legs
- What is the Workplace Discrimination Act
- Australians enjoy Canadian cuisine
- What do the rich Asian children like
- What are some tips for rebranding
- Is learning the piano really beneficial?
- How did the aircraft of the First World War take off
- What are working committees
- What does ping mean in PUBG
- Americans like English breakfast
- How authentic
- Kill Effy Katie in Skins
- Which Scandinavians call their country Sverige
- Which country has the largest transgender population?
- How many degrees are there in the sphere?
- Makes meth women horny 2
- What is the alternative for Xossip
- Why do we need an iPhone
- Why does my husband avoid engagement
- Can i travel alone i'm 13
- Can you write a real love story
- What are some awful places in london
- What is ICEX
- What do you think is weird about Australia
- Usain Bolt is faster than a cheetah