What are the best chess books
Unfortunately, chess players buy books regardless of their skill level and are often overwhelmed with reading them.
If you consider that understanding a chess book should be preceded by months of work, we have to be careful with our time resources. In the following you will find a list of recommended works, combined with an assessment of the readership addressed by the author.
However, all of them assume that the beginner stage is already
has been exceeded (Elo / DWZ from 1200).
|author||title||Recommended skill level|
|On my great predecessors /|
my great champions
|Chess history |
Analytical part from 2100
|Alex Yermolinsky||The way to improve in chess||1700 -|
|Hickl / Zude / Schupp||The power of the peasants||basic strategic knowledge|
for club players
|Prusikin||Fire-free!!||Attack strategies for club players|
|David Bronstein||Zurich International Chess Tnm.||1700-2300|
|Hans Kmoch||The art of leading a farmer||1300-2200|
|Zude / Hickl||The d6 repertoire||Opening theory for club players|
|Yuri Averbach||Chess tactics for advanced players||1500-|
|Artur Yusupov||Tiger jump row|
add 300 DWZ to each band, e.g. B. Tiger Leaping for 1500 is recommended for 1800 players
Mark Dworetzky's books, which are important in the market, should under no circumstances go unmentioned. The top Russian coach has led many young players into the world class, including Dolmatov, Dreev and Artur Jussupow. However, his high-class works are correspondingly demanding. Too demanding for me, but highly recommended for young, title-hungry players from an Elo / Dwz of 2300. Weaker players will find little pleasure in the analytical works.
In the meantime, however, a "warning about the book" seems to me to be almost more important than a list of recommendations. Badly made chess books not only consume a lot of time, but can also have a negative effect on the skill level of the reader:
Books I didn't like
|Jakob Aagard||Improve your variant calculation|
|Herman Grooten||Chess strategy for club players|
|Jakob Aagard||Attack and defense|
Books I advise against
|Euwe / Avoid||Amateur becomes master||Rather a master becomes an amateur|
The World Cup probably didn't contribute a sentence here. Neither variants nor position assessments are consistent. The extremely positive comments by z. B. Amazon. A clear indication that the learner is unable to judge the quality of the books. Ask someone who knows!
- Are Mongolian women open to interracial relationships
- When did China regain Taiwan?
- Why are some people born with defects?
- How big is England
- What is your least favorite thing
- Will LNG be used as fuel for ships?
- Which is the best Bangkok or Bali
- What is human resource management in BPO
- Why Marwadi People Are Good For Business
- A game of chess can never end
- What are the advantages of social democracy
- Still hard work done in prisons
- Which socio-political system is optimized for human productivity
- How do I track the presence of employees
- Wealth Management IMC or CFA
- Is there a dating culture in France
- Which DSLR camera should I buy?
- Can urinary incontinence be treated well
- How many ethnic races in India
- Hindu girls really love Muslim men
- Sad reality of today's world
- What is mainly eaten for dinner?
- What is bluetooth technology
- How much paper does a tree produce
- How do central banks affect the world
- What is a living being
- What do you think is rude
- What are some of the greatest examples of consumption
- Should millennials buy more cars
- What was Marilyn Manson arrested for?
- E-book readers are out of date
- How can the government stop inflation
- Who invented the way chess pieces move
- In which country does child marriage begin?