A long gun is a rifle
Firearms in the sense of Austrian gun law are weapons with which solid bodies (projectiles) can be fired with one barrel in a definable direction.
There are three categories of firearms:
Category A: Prohibited weapons and war material
The prohibited category A weapons include, for example:
- Shotguns (shotguns) with a total length of less than 90 cm
- Shotguns with a barrel length of less than 45 cm
- Forearm bolt action shotguns ("pump guns")
- Camouflaged firearms (e.g. "shooting ballpoint pen")
- Prohibited cutting weapons such as brass knuckles, killers and steel rods
- Handguns with center fire with (integrated or attached) magazine that can hold more than 20 cartridges
- Semi-automatic rifles with centerfire ignition with (integrated or attached) magazine that can hold more than 10 cartridges
- Center-fire handgun magazines that can hold more than 20 cartridges
- Magazines for semi-automatic rifles with center fire that can hold more than 10 cartridges
Category B: handguns, repeating shotguns and semi-automatic firearms
Category B firearms are handguns (revolvers, pistols), repeating shotguns and semi-automatic firearms that are not war material or prohibited weapons.
Category C: Firearms with rifled or smooth barrel, unless category A or B
- Rifles with at least one rifled barrel that have to be reloaded manually after each shot
- Rifles with exclusively smooth barrels that have to be reloaded manually after each shot
Deviating from this are: Forearm repeater ("Pumpgun") = category A and repeater = category B
An overview table of the categories and authorizations can also be found on oesterreich.gv.at.
Weapons Act 1996
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of the Interior
- The Republic of Ireland is 100 Catholic
- What is building construction
- What was your craziest favorite job
- Why do we have to cook food
- Are goats smarter than cats and dogs
- Why are husbands afraid of their wives?
- What does the Telugu word Anta mean
- What are dental veneers
- How does investing help fight inflation?
- May husbands have stronger wives
- What do you admire about Bill Gates
- Why is it never discussed in Scotland?
- Barbershop Are barbershop profitable
- How do I get a job after graduation
- Which country has the least regulated economy?
- What is the average genetic makeup of Sicilians
- Why don't Indian couples kiss in public?
- Male webcam models make money
- Which zodiac sign is the laziest
- Can an electrician become an electrical engineer
- Gay men wear women's panties
- What did you gain by getting married?
- Most countries have conscription
- Is bounty chocolate veggies or non-veggies