How to Make Colombian Arepas
Arepas (corn cake) is a Colombian specialty that is a unique taste experience as a side dish or as a quick snack.
Rating: Ø 4.5 (1,297 votes)
Ingredients for 4 servings
|250||G||white corn flour, pre-cooked|
15 min. Total time 10 min. Preparation time 5 min. Cooking & resting time
- Put the cornmeal in a bowl and mix with a pinch of salt. Gradually add the water and a teaspoon of cooking oil, kneading the dough well until it forms a solid mass. (Note: If the mixture looks a bit dry, a dash of water will help. If the dough is a bit too moist and sticky, a little flour is the solution.)
- Then the arepas dough has to rest for about 5 - 10 minutes so that the water can soak into the mass.
- Now it's time to knead the Colombian specialty. Shape the dough into round patties about 1cm thick and 6cm wide.
- Heat a coated pan with a little oil and fry the arepas patties for 4 - 5 minutes on each side.
Tips on the recipe
To spice up the Colombian arepas a bit, you can cut them in half and fill them with ham and cheese like a sandwich. It is popular with Colombians to refine the small corn cakes with guacamole or other dips. But they also taste particularly good as a side dish to grilled chicken.
- What does 2020 look like for Donald Trump
- What happened to Al Gore
- Can you forgive someone forever
- What is a lawyer in England
- Why can some people not dream
- Will Germany start the next world war?
- What US presidents had foreign-born parents?
- What's the harm in unions
- Will my teen get bigger
- How is history written?
- How do older couples share intimacy
- Has a teacher ever destroyed your life
- What is it worth to share Pakistani startups
- Why don't children support their parents?
- What are pH and pH scale
- What are some movies like Monsters Inc.
- What are some examples of agile supply chains
- How are Indian immigrants treated in Germany
- Why is diversity important in every country
- How are the jobs in DevOps
- Why did Alcoholics Anonymous destroy my relationship?
- What does Daenerys think of the Starks?
- What is your opinion on teenage parenting
- When should you do a code review?