What is more important family or religion
Religion and belief in the family
The view of adults and children that the Bible shows is unusual: “Become like the children!”, “Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! ”. These are the instructions to the adults. The child as an orientation, as a role model - also for parents? Children as those who seek God and adults who must be admonished not to hinder this? Not education of children, but self-education of adults in the foreground?
At first glance, the mandates of the gospel are difficult to reconcile with what we know about education: parents are responsible for their children. Children need support, guidance and support - also on their religious journey. The Bible presents an idea of “maturity” that is different from what we are used to - the relationship between adults and children in a different light.
And yet - at all times, people in life with children have experienced that the biblical view meets something of the reality of children and makes their strengths and abilities recognizable. It names what children and adults need and what constitutes the humane basis of “upbringing”.
Because the biblical view calls for recognition of the dignity of the child as a person. It is, as it were, the “grammar” of an educational ethic that grants children the right to protection, care, education and participation - and obliges the educator to limit their power and to orientate themselves towards the child - also in religious education.
Maria Montessori was one of those who recognized and realized this in her educational work. Her work is an example of how the biblical message can fertilize pedagogical thinking and action - so that children can learn with dignity and joy and can find their own way to God.
In 2007 the Archdiocese of Cologne set important standards with the “Year for Marriage and Family” and the cathedral pilgrimage under the motto “And he placed a child in their midst” (Mk 9.36). For the institutions of adult and family education this is an occasion to work with great commitment on the implementation of the biblical perspective.
What does the biblical concern mean in educational practice? How can the multitude of events for parents show that upbringing and religion belong together? How do you convey that this is fundamental for the welfare and protection of children? How can parenting education show that encounters with the Christian faith are riches for children?
The advanced training day for parent education presents a multitude of ideas, event ideas and didactic aids in lectures and forums, which can contribute to opening many “doors” to faith and congregation for today's parents and children.
Educational Center of the Archdiocese of Cologne, Marzellenstr. 32, 50668 Cologne
- Would you consider yourself successful
- Where should I move in Portland?
- How does inflation affect fixed income investments
- At what age do boys produce
- What would you do with 12 million
- Which country has the highest labor productivity
- Who is the Most Hated NFL Player
- Why does North Korea continue to threaten Japan
- Forgive Steve Wozniak Steve Jobs
- Who was the best Turkish president?
- How valued should wealth be
- What is not possible in Thailand
- How would Joshua Wong rule Hong Kong?
- What is thicker 5W40 or 20W40
- Is brunch like lunch
- Why is life so complex
- Can drug dogs smell synthetic weeds 1
- Why don't children support their parents?
- Ahmedabad is a good city to live in
- What happens when you eat animal brains
- Use women men
- What are the latest rules of cricket
- How can the US economy be stronger
- How is LTTE different from ISIS
- Why don't western people like China?
- Why don't you hire a personal assistant?
- When did people start smiling in photos?
- What inspires political ideology
- What happened to Quora yesterday
- Why do people hate Creed so much
- How can i brighten my day
- Why is love a lie today?