Is it disrespectful to call America Murica?
Turning away from beauty and ideal in love poetry
Great love and courtly love determine our image of love poetry, which was decisively shaped by the selection of texts by the philologists and their judgments. The 27 articles in this volume deal - with a Romance emphasis - poems from eight European literatures and nine centuries. They show that as early as the Middle Ages the earthly aspects of love up to and including violence were represented, and this not only in collections such as the Carmina Burana, but also in the songs of the troubadours. Worship of an ideal beloved is only one possible attitude; at the same time we find clearly misogynous tendencies, or even love for a woman who does not correspond to the stereotypical ideas of inner and outer perfection. At the same time it becomes clear that the texts, which turn away from the ideals of courtly love, stand in their own tradition and should not be understood only as a counter-movement such as anti-Trarkism. The reevaluation of the beautiful and the ugly, which aesthetic thinking brought about in the 18th century, has an impact on the assessment of female charms and on love poetry in the 19th and 20th centuries.
20th century poem poems love poetry lyric poetry
About the authors
The editors: Carolin Fischer, did her doctorate in general and comparative literature in 1993, since 1995 research assistant at the Institute for Romance Studies at the Humboldt University in Berlin. At J.B. Metzler published Gardens of Lust, 1997 and Violence of History - Tales of Violence (ed. With Peter Brockmeier), 1998. Carola Veit, studied general and comparative literature, American studies and art history. She is currently doing her PhD on Samuel Beckett. At J.B. Metzler has published Komik und Solipsismus in Samuel Beckett's work (ed. With Peter Brockmeier), 1997.
- Ham is a healthy choice for breakfast
- What are the best bedroom furniture brands
- Who is a bad person
- Why does Saudi Arabia hates India
- Why is employee recruitment important
- Many people are bored with their life
- What was the worst about 2018
- How do you prevent mistakes
- Where can you get jobs
- What is the salary of a bank employee
- Why is MG Hector good for Indians
- How do I get big forearms
- What does smoking actually do with meat?
- Is social democracy a dying ideology
- You can grow mushrooms in a terrarium
- What sucks about being a Christian in America
- What are the Green Lantern Corps
- Islam allows adopted daughters to marry
- What is the best bomber plane right now
- How does rotten meat smell
- What is a very German problem
- When does the KPTCL 2019 exam take place?
- Who chose Joseph as the father of Jesus?
- What is the H4 immigration status like