Are there date palms in Rajasthan deserts
Desert National Park, Rajasthan
"There, in the desert, the rarest fly over the golden sand!"
The Desert National Park is spread over a huge area of 3100 km² and is one of the largest national parks in the country. Located in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, near the Thar Desert, it seems to defy popular belief that deserts do not support flora and fauna. Well, this one is inhabited and frequently visited by some of the rarest and most beautiful birds, reptiles and animals! It supports a unique and fragile ecosystem. The entire area is covered with thorny bushes, cacti and some plants interspersed with sand dunes along the India-Pakistan border. This place is a unique place to explore and a bird watcher's paradise! Here you can see life forms that live on the edge of the harsh conditions of the Thar Desert. So go there if you want to experience another natural wonder.
[See also: Top 100 Nature Reserves in India]
As can be expected, the summer season is extreme with temperatures up to a whopping 50 ° C! Winters provide the much-needed respite with temperatures between 9 ° C and 25 ° C. During this time, you may need light woolen clothing, especially at night when the temperature can drop even further.
Best travel time
The best time to visit Desert National Park is November through March (unless you need vitamin D, of course).
Wildlife & Vegetation
Even with the bare minimum, it's just amazing how life exists here.
The Desert National Park residents include the desert fox, bengal fox, chinkara, wolf, desert cat, black buck, hedgehog, nilgai, etc. These are the survivors and supporters of the fragile ecosystem.
These are the types of stars from Desert NationalPark. There are over 120 species of native birds as well as migratory birds in this park. As the Bharatpur sanctuary is also nearby, many species of birds can be spotted here. The rare Great Bustard can be found here in large numbers. Other birds that are commonly seen here are patidges, hawks, eagles, vultures, bee-eaters, stranglers, larks, demoiselle cranes, macqueen bustards, sand grouse, long-legged and honey buzzards, etc. The variety of birds attracts many tourists from all over the world Over.
Every member of the Slytherin House can be seen crawling through the golden sand in the scorching sun. These include Russell's Viper, Saw Scaled Viper, Monitor Lizard, Common Krait, Spiny Tailed Lizard, Gecko, Persian Gecko, etc.
Sandy areas dominate the region during the DesertNational Park, and dunes cover only 20% of the area. The vegetation of this barren land is semi-arid with thorny plants and bushes. Patches of sewangras and calotropis can also be found here. Salt floors, rugged rocks and palm trees can also be seen here. The lakes that provide the animals here with water include the Gadsisar, Padam Talao, Rajbaug and Milak lakes.
Distance from nearby and larger cities
The Desert National Park is located near the city of Jaisalmer in Rajasthan. Distance from this and other major cities as follows:
- Jaisalmer: 60 km via Jaislmer - Sam - Dhanana Rd
- Thar desert: 113 km via Via Hanumangarh - Pilibanga - Suratgarh - Anupgarh - Gharsana - Rawala - Khajuwala - Dantor - Godu - Sutharwala - Ramgarh Rd
- Jodhpur: 335 km via NH 114 and NH 15
- Ajmer: 538 km via NH 114
- Udaipur: 541 km above NH 15
- Gujarat: 734 km via NH 15
- Jaipur: 606 km via RJ SH 19 and NH 15
- New Delhi: 820 km via NH 15
- Agra: 843 km via NH 11 and RJ SH 19
- Chandigarh, Punjab: 914 km via NH 15
- Mumbai: 1115 km via NH 8 and NH 15
How to achieve
- By plane: The nearest airport is Jaisalmer Airport, 5 km from the city. However, this airport is managed by the Indian Air Force and is only operational from September to March. Jodhpur Airport is 180 miles away and is another option. It is well connected with other big cities like Delhi, Agra etc. The nearest international airport is in New Delhi.
- By train: The nearest train station is Jaisalmer Station, 2 km from the city.
- In the street: Since it falls under the Military Region, the Desert National Park is connected to Jaisalmer by well-developed roads. Regular Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation buses are available. Jeeps can also be booked. Golden Bus Station and Streets are the two main bus stops.
- Boat trips in Gadisar Lake are possible. It is a blissful experience amidst the scenic beauty of the desert. However, please do not throw rubbish in the lake as this is a source of water for the locals. You might even find lots of migratory birds nearby!
- Desert National Park is a bird watcher's paradise! Take a bird watching tour with your friends and discover the true beauties of nature. The rare Great Bustard is most commonly spotted around the Sudashri waterhole.
- The sand dunes in the Thar Desert are well worth a visit.
- Walk through the colorful city of Jaisalmer during your stay! It is known for jewelry, mirror work, textiles, shoes, woven jackets, antique masonry, etc. If you're around in March, take part in the 9-day Holi Festival.
Private hotels and resorts are available in Jaisalmer. Jeeps can be booked for a day trip to Desert National Park.
Other useful information
- Entry fee: Rs. 100 per person
- Jeep / Car Fee: Rs. 100
- Tour fee: Rs. 200
Desert National Park, Rajasthan, India
Phone: + 91-2992-252489
- Why are young people not polite today?
- Las Vegas locals visit the Strip
- Where did Jesus begin his ministry?
- What does the term salad days mean?
- How did you get your remote job
- How do you get selected for ISRO
- Can Beastboy transform into an extinct animal
- What ruined your life
- Is there sexism against men in schools?
- Is logistics a supply chain
- Korean men don't like fat girls
- Who do you admire and why
- Where can we share our ideas
- How much do World Cup tickets cost
- How do I create a perfume line
- What constitutes video game addiction
- What is a TubeRank Jeet
- Why do Americans say aluminum weird
- What do the Americans think of Vietnam
- How can you identify Boeing from Airbus
- What problems does urbanization cause
- What is adult-child syndrome
- Give pheromones to women
- What is the most important technology of today
- Can we indict Congress?
- Fraudsters can change
- What do old people do for fun
- How much is your pension
- What's your way of emphasizing food
- Life in the UK is easy
- Do you like Chanel 19
- Why do I despise anime so much
- What is the annual income of CA.
- When do successful people wake up