Is the Turkish cuisine healthy?
Turkish cuisine and healthy eating do not seem to go together at first glance, as fast food products such as kebab or lahmacun are often associated with Turkish food. Sweets like baklava play their part in solidifying this impression. However, these dishes are seldom part of the daily menu of normal Turkish consumption and there is also a very healthy and calorie-conscious side of Turkish cuisine.
Turkey's cuisine has been influenced by Mediterranean cuisine for centuries, and healthy ingredients such as olive oil and garlic are often included in the ingredient lists of Turkish recipes. Olive oil and garlic can help prevent diseases such as arteriosclerosis, heart attack, and colon cancer. These diseases occur less often in the Mediterranean area than in our latitudes.
With the Arabic cuisine, various Bulgarian dishes were taken over into the Turkish menu and adapted to the local taste. Bulgur is specially pretreated wheat with a high protein and fiber content and low fat content. This means that the various Bulgarian dishes in Turkey are also a sensible and tasty addition to the vegetarian and vegan diet. The various starters, the so-called meze, can also be exciting for the meat-free diet, which are either served as appetizers with the starter or can form the main course in the form of several meze plates. Classic meze are mainly cacik (Turkish tzatziki), humus (with chickpeas and sesame paste) and haydari (with yogurt), which are relatively easy to prepare and can be a healthy and tasty substitute for peanuts and chips in front of the TV.
You can find a collection of delicious Turkish recipes on the website TürkischeRezepte.de, for example.
- Which leads to an increase in inflation
- Is there a job website in China
- The University of San Diego is conservative
- How do you get a lien?
- Which European country has the most billionaires?
- What did you see as a child
- How do I contact TCS HR
- How long does inpatient drug rehabilitation take
- How many women did Akbar have
- Why don't weather forecasts use machine learning?
- May Poland Serbia
- What do Canadians think of American food?
- Why did Cristina Yang leave Grey's Anatomy
- Will my teen get bigger
- What are the best industries
- What are your favorite spicy Indian snacks
- What makes the iPhone the best
- What is it like to visit Bulgaria
- How did Karl Marx die?
- Can you recover from radiation burns
- A regular college is best for CA.
- Have you ever been called a fagot?
- How can you help the maid at home?
- Wikipedia is owned by Google
- How many extreme sports have you done
- What are some rich foods
- Muslims have honeymoon
- Can we have economic growth without pollution
- Why do most DJs use Apple MacBooks
- Who created the caste system
- What are alternative solutions for crutches
- What is meant by activities
- Koreans hate foreigners