How is India's economy changing?
India - superpower or developing country?
The under-five mortality rate in India is significantly higher than in neighboring countries. Among the children who reach the age of five, around 40 percent are significantly delayed in growth and development, around 15 percent are so severely undernourished that their chances of survival and development are irreversibly impaired. According to statistics, five percent of all Indian children die before their fifth birthday. In the light of these social development data, India is not a global superpower; it is still clearly a developing country. The Indian economist Amartya Sen complains that - apart from sub-Saharan Africa - only in war and crisis-ridden countries such as Afghanistan, Haiti and Iraq is the rate of malnourished children and the vaccination and immunization rate among children even lower than in India.
Why doesn't this alarming failure by the Indian government lead to a public outcry in the country? Why are hunger, injustice and undesirable developments rarely a topic in the national media? Generally speaking, the Indian government adheres to the classic, albeit long refuted, idea of a »trickle down«, that is, a seepage of wealth and prosperity from the wealthy classes down to the poor. A look at the social situation shows that there is no question of this in India either. Although the economy has grown by an average of 7.5 percent over the past ten years, there has been little substantial progress in the fight against poverty. On the contrary: displacement, land loss as a result of climate change, the agricultural crisis and natural disasters have increased the poverty and misery of millions of rural families. Indian economic growth is also a »jobless growth«; it does not go hand in hand with the creation of jobs from which people can live and feed themselves and their families.
- Well worth charity
- How many interns is Microsoft hiring?
- What is Charlotte NC known for?
- Why are foreigners so curious about China?
- Why is heritage so important to people
- Why a teacher is better than a doctor
- How much frequency can a photon have
- How can I track my ancestors
- Who is your favorite BTS base
- How do I sell in wholesale
- Saving Private Ryan will be shown in Germany
- Who decides about fate
- Why did Nokia fail in India
- Is qnet real
- What is the literacy rate in Gujarat
- What are some cultural taboos in Brunei
- Can a diaper be worn like underwear
- How can a millennial fight depression
- Why is my whole family so rude
- What is the Fujian Province in China known for?
- What instantly ruins a song for you
- What does abbarbicare mean in Italian
- How do I stop stealing lingerie
- Why should I outsource to Vietnam