Which leads to an increase in inflation
What is inflation - A definition
Under inflation we understand a decrease in the value of money or an increase in the general price level. Literally translated means inflation "Inflate" or "inflate". If the money supply in a country grows faster than production there, the demand for goods and services increases. This ultimately increases the average prices.
An increased price level can also arise because producers, traders or service providers continue to charge higher costs, e.g. resulting from increased raw material or production costs, higher personnel costs or higher tax rates. If prices rise, the money available is worth less, because the consumer can buy less for the same money - purchasing power falls.
If wages and salaries rise at the same rate, purchasing power is maintained and inflation does not occur. However, if wages and salaries rise more slowly than prices, purchasing power falls and inflation occurs.
The inflation is determined by creating an economically average or representative shopping basket. The prices of the goods contained (food, clothing, etc.) and services (hairdresser, insurance, etc.) are determined and compared with the prices of the same goods at the previous year.
Deflation - What is it?
In the deflation If the general price level falls in the long term, this increases the purchasing power of money - it is worth more. The supply of goods and services is greater than the demand. As a result, prices keep falling. For the entire economy of the country, this can lead to bankruptcies, rising unemployment and falling wages in the medium and long term. Causes can be, for example, a decline in exports or an excess supply that has arisen. Deflation is much less common than inflation.
Are Inflation and Deflation Dangerous?
Price stability is important for a stable currency. If the value of the money falls, payment problems arise. People lose confidence in the currency and put their money in real assets instead of taking it to the bank and investing it there. As a result, inflation continues to rise.
An inflation rate of up to five percent per year is normal and not threatening for the economy. This inflation rate is called “healthy” inflation.
Control of inflation by central banks and politics
Both politics and central banks have options for influencing and controlling. For example, if the central banks raise the key interest rate, you make lending less attractive and money scarcer. This scarcity leads to increasing monetary value. For example, politics can help fight inflation by fixing prices or wages. It can also influence the supply and demand of goods through taxes and investments and thus shift prices in one direction or the other. However, these economic policy measures are very often accompanied by side effects and their targeted effectiveness is controversial even among experts.
- What are the main characteristics of the Turks
- How can foreign companies acquire Chinese companies
- What are UI designers tired of explaining
- What type of MBTI are most athletes
- What Bible should I read and follow?
- Helps marijuana with obsessive-compulsive disorder
- What would happen if divorce became illegal?
- What food represents Albany NY best
- Can be afraid of killing love
- How do I get small export orders
- How do I correct the forward head posture
- What are the disadvantages of working remotely
- What do employees mean for a company?
- What are the known AliExpress fraud cases
- How do I do 7 an hour
- What do you think of Chinese universities
- Is Scottish branding important on Scottish food
- What are the lifestyles of the Indian tribes
- A return on investment of 19 is good
- What is the pass mark of SAT
- How do I choose PAC to be its leader
- CBD from cannabis causes lethargy
- Why are perfume bottles so beautifully designed
- Is the Uniqlo brand easy to wear
- How big is China compared to America
- How do you get started in digital forensics
- What is the cheapest food in Ukraine
- What is it what you dream of
- How do Indian mantras work
- What's so great about Iron Maiden
- Are elective courses compulsory to graduate from high school
- What is the real population of china
- Is polyamory a good idea
- Is the branded manufacturer's branded goods legitimate