What are bad work practices
This will help you avoid bad work practices by employees
Since you are a team leader ...
First ... did you have coding best practices? If not, the bad code is your fault.
Second ... are you doing a formal or informal code review? If not, then again, the faulty code is your fault.
Third ... is the code actually bad practice, or is it not your preferred way of doing things? Since you said, "... because it can slow the app's performance," that seems to mean that it isn't broken, just not the way you want it to be.
Regardless, to answer your question, NO ... don't make the changes yourself. Talk to PM and if there is time and a real need, have the developer who wrote the code make the change and explain why it is needed. You sound like the "perfectionist" programmer. So, honestly look at the code and yourself and ask if you don't just want things to be done your way or if it really is bad code. Know that if you don't choose someone's job just because it isn't done the way you would, a surefire way to lose the respect and desire to listen to you.
Good code and a quality product are not your only company responsibilities. You should also educate and move your team forward.
- Canadians work overtime
- How will China prepare for a recession?
- What happened during the industrial revolution
- What food represents Albany NY best
- What is a drywall control joint
- Why am I confused in my relationship
- Who are the ancestors of Pakistani Muslims
- Is the office area connected to the office
- What does an apostille do
- Who uses the UK tax havens
- Enjoy going to coffee shops
- Why bookkeeping is so important to investing
- Contains honey, bee larvae or eggs
- Why didn't Costco expand internationally?
- How much are the Rothschilds worth
- How do the Greeks pronounce the name Cassiopeia?
- What is your opinion on traveling alone
- How's the night life in Atlanta, GA
- What ideology killed most of the people
- How to delete messages on Snapchat
- What problems will the next generation have?
- Are people with dementia better off at home?
- What is adult-child syndrome
- Do you like french food